From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author||Fredrik Ahlström (FluBBa)|
This is a Punch-Out!! - Arcade emulator for the NDS.
DLDI patch the emulator for your flashcard.
Create a folder named acds in either the root of your flash card or in the data folder.
Put punchout.zip/punchouta.zip/punchoutj.zip/punchita.zip/ spnchout.zip/spnchouta.zip/spnchoutj.zip/armwrest.zip into a folder where you have arcade roms.
When the emulator starts, it will try to load Punch-Out!! (Rev B) automatically on startup.
- Load Game - Choose a game to load.
- Load State - Load a previously saved state for the currently running game.
- Save State - Save a state for the current game.
- Save Settings - Save the current settings.
- Reset Game - Reset the currently running game.
- Autofire - Select to enable autofire.
- Controller - 2P start a 2 player game.
- Swap A/B - Swap which NDS button is mapped to which arcade button.
- Display - Scaled or unscaled screenmode (L/R to scroll screen up/down).
- Scaling - Flicker or barebones lineskip.
- Gamma - Adjust gamma (brightness).
- Disable Foreground - Turn on/off foreground rendering.
- Disable Background - Turn on/off background rendering.
- Disable Sprites - Turn on/off sprite rendering.
- Speed - Switch between speed modes.
- Normal - Game runs at it's normal speed.
- 200% - Game runs at double speed.
- Max - Game runs at 4 times normal speed (might change in the future).
- 50% - Game runs at half speed.
- Autoload State - Toggle Savestate autoloading.
- Autosave Settings - Save settings when leaving menu if any changes are made.
- Autopause Game - Toggle if the game should pause when opening the menu.
- Powersave 2nd Screen - If graphics/light should be turned off for the GUI screen when menu is not active.
- Emulator on Bottom - Select if top or bottom screen should be used for emulator, when menu is active emulator screen is always on top.
- Debug Output - Show an FPS meter for now.
- Autosleep - Does not work.
- Lot of settings for the actual arcade game, difficulty/lives etc.
L+R or Touchscreen - Open up menu
D-Pad or Touchscreen - Navigate menus
A or Double tap - Select an option
B or Top of the screen - Go back
R/L or Touchscreen - Switch between tabs
Select - Insert coin
Start - Start
Left/Right - Dodge
Up/Down - Hand positions
Y - Left punch
X - Right punch
A - Super punch
B - Duck (Joystick up)
Tested on iDeaS emulator.
It has bugs in the tile/palette rendering.
- Added rom loading of all games.
- Added load/save state.
- Code cleanup.
- Updated Z80.
- Fixed mapping of buttons.
- Fixed graphics for rev B roms.
- Added loading of roms from disc.
- Added support for Arm Wrestling.
- Fixed zooming.
- Fully playable.
- Started to code.
Huge thanks to Loopy for the incredible PocketNES, without it this emu would probably never have been made.
- Dwedit for help and inspiration with a lot of things.
- Reesy for help with the Z80 emu core.
- Nicola Salmoria, for the MAME driver.