From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author(s)||Fredrik Olsson (FluBBa)|
GreenBeretDS is a Green Beret, Rush'n Attack & Mr. Goemon - Arcade emulator for the NDS.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch .nds file and copy it to the root directory of the card.
Put gberet.zip, rushatck.zip and/or mrgoemon.zip (filenames are taken from MAME 0.94) into a folder named gberet in either the root of your flash card or in the data folder.
- Load Game - Select a game to load (Green Beret bootleg doesn't work).
- Load State - Load a previously saved state for the currently running game.
- Save State - Save a state for the current game.
- Save Settings - Save the current settings.
- Reset Game - Reset the currently running game.
- Autofire - Select if you want autofire.
- Controller - 2P start a 2 player game.
- Swap A/B - Swap which GBA button is mapped to which arcade button.
- Display - Here you can select if you want scaled or unscaled screenmode.
- Unscaled mode - L & R buttons scroll the screen up and down.
- Scaling - Here you can select if you want flicker or barebones lineskip.
- Gamma - Lets you change the gamma ("brightness").
- Disable background - Turn on/off background rendering.
- Disable sprites - Turn on/off sprite rendering.
- Lot of settings for the actual arcade game, difficulty/lives etc.
- Speed - Switch between speed modes.
- Normal - Game runs at it's normal speed.
- 200% - Game runs at double speed.
- Max - Game runs at 4 times normal speed (might change this in the future).
- 50% - Game runs at half speed.
- FPS_Meter - Doesn't work.
- Autosleep - Doesn't work.
- Autoload state - Toggle Savestate autoloading.
- Automagically load the savestate associated with the selected game.
- Autopause game - Toggle if the game should pause when opening the menu.
- Powersave 2nd screen - Toggle if the menu screen should be turned off when closing the menu.
Can be controlled with Stylus.
L+R - Open menu
D-Pad - Navigate menu
A - Select option
B - Go back
R/L - Select between tabs
It has bugs in the sprite rendering, no tile priority, and no screenflip support.
- Fixed parsin of some zip files.
- Added GUI including touch support.
- Added support for "Rush n' Attack" & "Mr. Goemon".
- Added support for (compressed) zip files.
- Added savestates.
- Added option for unscaled screen.
- Added optional powersave for 2nd screen.
- Added gamma correction.
- Fixed scaling.
- Initial release, plays Green Beret with sound.
Loopy for the PocketNES.
Dwedit for help and inspiration with a lot of things.
Reesy for help with the Z80 emu core.
Nicola Salmoria, for the MAME driver.
More MAME people + Maxim for the SN76496 info.