From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Version||0.9 (25 Jul 2015)|
|[0.7 and 0.9 Download]|
This is a SEGA Master System/Game Gear/SG-1000 emulator for the NDS, it can also play some Coleco games if you add its Bios.
Download and extract file, DIDL patch it (depend on flashcard).
Create a S8DS directory either in the root of your card or in the data directory (eg h:\data\S8DS).
Put games on flash card.
Regarding rom files:
- Max 512 games per folder (shouldn't be a problem if separate SMS, GG, SG & Coleco games into different folders).
- Filenames must not be longer than 62 characters.
- You can use zipped files (as long as they use the deflate compression).
- The emulator should also recognise SMS games for SEGAs MegaTech arcade machine and 2 of the SG-1000 arcade games (using MAME zip files).
- You can check your roms here.
- Load Game.
- Load State - Select which state you want to load.
- Save State - Select if you want to overwrite an old state or create a new.
- Save Settings.
- Eject Game.
- Power On/Off.
- Reset Game.
- Autofire - Select if you want autofire.
- Controller - 2P control player 2.
- Swap A/B - Swap which NDS button is mapped to which SMS/GG button.
- Use X as Start - Map the NDS X button to the GG Start button.
- Use Select as Reset - Map the NDS SELECT button to the SMS Reset button.
- Use R as FastForward - Select turbo speed as long as R button is held.
- Display - Here you can select if you want scaled or unscaled screenmode.
- Scaling - Here you can select if you want flicker or barebones lineskip.
- Gamma - Lets you change the gamma (brightness).
- Color - Lets you change the color.
- GG Border - Lets you change between black, bordercolor and none.
- Perfect sprites - Uses a bit more cpu but is worth it.
- Disable background - Turn on/off background rendering.
- Disable sprites - Turn on/off sprite rendering.
- Region - Change the region of the SMS and video standard.
- Machine - Here you can select the hardware, Auto should work for most games.
- Use Bios - Here you can select if you want to use the selected BIOSes.
- Select Export Bios - Browse for export bios.
- Select Japanese Bios - Browse for japanese bios.
- Select GameGear Bios - Browse for GameGear bios.
- Select Coleco Bios - Browse for Coleco bios.
- Fake spritecollision - Some games require this, Pit Fighter doesn't like it.
- Speed - Switch between speed modes, can also be toggled with L+START.
- Normal - Standard, 100% speed.
- Fast - Double, 200% speed.
- Max - Fastest, 400% speed.
- Slowmo - Slow, 50% speed.
- FPS_Meter - Toggle fps meter.
- Autosleep - Change the autosleep time, also see Sleep (Doesn't work).
- Autoload state - Toggle Savestate autoloading. Automatically load the savestate associated with the selected game.
- Powersave 2nd Screen - If graphics/light should be turned off for the GUI screen when GUI is not active.
- Emulator on Bottom - Select if top or bottom screen should be used for emulator, when GUI is active emulator screen is allways on top.
L+R or Stylus - Access GUI
L/R - Change tabs
The leftmost tab - Exit GUI
Close your DS - Put the emulator in sleep mode
Missing: correct sprite collision and overflow, speech samples, YM2413 emulation, EEPROM save for the few GG games that use it.
Close the menu on the touchscreen after you load a game because the top screen is frozen and won't start the game until the menu is closed.
- Added SRAM support.
- Fixed folder browsing a bit.
- Fixed some nasty bugs which affected saving of settings and more.
- Added basic MSX 1 support.
- Added SG-1000 Arcade support.
- Added System-E support.
- Added MegaTech files support.
- Added support for 3 button MegaDrive pad.
- Added mini Bios from Power Base Converter for MegaDrive.
- Added background images for all Systems.
- Added support for arguments from flashcard menus.
- Support for longer filenames and more files per folder.
- Fixed sprite palette bug for TMS9918.
- Turned of sprites for Mode 1.
- Fixed Super Tetris & Frogger proto when machine is set to "Auto".
- Fixed PGA Tour Golf (low bits of VDP Stat not zero).
- Changed palette buffering to middle of screen.
- Changed default scale mode to "Scale To Fit".
- Added option to turn off 3D display.
- Fixed color/saturation setting for SG/Coleco games.
- Fixed some bogus handling of the 3D display mode.
- Fixed "Perfect Sprites" mode, should now be used as default.
- Changed startup values for VDP regs 0,1 & 10, might break something.
- Changed sound renderer to be more correct.
- Removed PAL timing for GG.
- Added support for Coleco Vision.
- Added keyboard support for SC-3000/SG-1000.
- Added support for mode 3 graphics.
- Added support for red/cyan glasses in SMS 3D games.
- Added color/saturation setting to display.
- Fixed issues with mode 0,1 & 2 graphics.
- Fixed cut off of long filenames in the browser.
- Fixed timing of VInt.
- Changed colors for the filebrowser.
- Added R as FastForward.
- Fixed Bios handling on MD (Frogger proto GG2SMS works).
- Fixed "Border Off" for GG.
- Sprite collision is now "On" by default.
- Changed R as GG start to X as GG Start.
- Fixed Bios handling a bit (GG games works again).
- After loading game GUI is automatically closed.
- Added internal Bios (for Ace of Aces & Shadow Dancer).
- Initial release, allmost everything from SMSAdvance seems to work.
- Started Coding.
Reesy for help with the Z80 emu core.
Some MAME people + Maxim for the SN76496 info.
Charles MacDonald for VDP info.
Omar Cornut for help with various SMS stuff.
The crew at PocketHeaven for their support.