From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DS 1943 is a 1943 emulator which emulates 3 MAME roms sets for the Capcom Arcade game.
Note: In order to use this emulator, you will need to obtain MAME roms.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it and copy it to the root directory of the card.
Put the MAME's ROM files at the root or in the /MAMERoms/ subdirectory on flashcard.
List of supported sets
|1943: The Battle of Midway (Euro)||1943|
|1943: The Battle of Midway (US)||1943u||1943|
|1943: Midway Kaisen (Japan)||1943j||1943|
|1943 Kai: Midway Kaisen (Japan)||1943kai|
2 Players (NIFI)
Starting the server:
- Select the set and the settings.
- Press A to launch the game normally.
- Once the rom is initialized, press Select to launch the server.
- A player waiting screen appears.
- The B key allows you to return to normal mode if necessary.
- Select the same set as the server (the settings will be ignored).
- Press Start to launch the game in client mode.
- A screen for selecting waiting players appears (DS name + MAC address).
- If necessary (several players waiting) select the right player with the D-Pad.
- Press A to start the 2 player game.
- The B key allows you to return to the menu if necessary.
- When a player wishes to play a message confirmation appears.
- Press Y to start the game with this player or X to reject this player.
- If the server has been started on the title screen with at least 2 tokens the game starts automatically.
In 2 player mode:
- Each player can then press Start to join the game.
- Each player can add tokens by pressing X.
- The server DS controls the beige plane and the client DS controls the red plane.
- If blocked for more than one second, it is possible to return to single player mode by pressing Select.
- Once back to single player mode the 2 players control the beige plane (red will still be present on the screen but uncontrollable).
- State loading is not available in 2 player mode but state saving is still available.
D-Pad - Select game
L/R - Activate/deactivate continues
A - Play selected mission
D-Pad - Play
X - Insert coin
Start - Start game (one player)
Select - Start game (two players NIFI mode)
A - Fire
B - Special fire
A+B - Looping
R - Save state
L - Load state
Y - Yes, Confirm save/load state, Swap screens
X - Exit, Cancel save/load state
- Files names for 1943j and 1943kai updated (thanks Another World).
- Compiled with libnds libnds 1.5.0+ & devkitarm R32.
- Compatible with CYCLODS iEvolution B6 in DSi mode.
- Emulator settings stored.
- 1943 euro version added.
- Compiled with devkit pro R30 and libnds 1.4.3+ (FIFO optimised).
- NIFI Version.
V1.0 07/02/2010 (never released).
- Compiled with devkit pro R27 and libnds 1.4++ (FIFO optimised).
- FM sound (double YM2203)emulated.
- Compiled with devkit pro R26 and libnds 1.3.3.
- Emulator state.
- AY-8910 sound improved.
- Title screen & menu by Kukulcan.
- First version.
- Compiled with libnds 1.3.1.
- File rom is unziped by the emulator.
- Music doesn't work.
Reesy for DrZ80 emulator.
Kukulcan for the menu.