From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author||Fredrik Ahlström (FluBBa)|
This is a SNK Neogeo Pocket (Color) emulator for the Nintendo DS.
- Should play most games.
- Can save flash ram.
Note: You will need a bios to be able to save in game.
DLDI patch the emulator for your flashcard.
Create a folder named ngpds in either the root of your flash card or in the data folder.
Then put game/bios files into a folder where you have roms.
Currently does not have save states yet.
Note that for NDS/NDS Lite, it can only load games up to 2MB. Also it doesn't run full speed.
- Load Game - Choose a game to load.
- Load State - Load a previously saved state for the currently running game.
- Save State - Save a state for the current game.
- Load Flash RAM - Load flash ram for the currently running game.
- Save Flash RAM - Save flash ram for the currently running game.
- Save Settings - Save the current settings.
- Reset Game - Reset the currently running game.
- Autofire - Select to enable autofire.
- Controller - 2P start a 2 player game.
- Swap A/B - Swap which NDS button is mapped to which arcade button.
- Mono Palette - You can select the palette for B & W games.
- Gamma - Adjust the gamma/brightness.
- Disable Foreground - Turn on/off foreground rendering.
- Disable Background - Turn on/off background rendering.
- Disable Sprites - Turn on/off sprite rendering.
- Language - Select between Japanese and English.
- Machine - Select the emulated machine.
- Half cpu speed - This halves the emulated cpu speed. Can make games faster.
- Change Batteries - Change to new main batteries (AA/LR6).
- Change Sub Battery - Change to a new sub battery (CR2032).
- Cpu speed hacks - Allow speed hacks.
- Half cpu speed - This is not really recommended.
- Bios Settings - Load a real NGP Bios.
- Speed - Switch between speed modes.
- Normal - Game runs at it's normal speed.
- 200% - Game runs at double speed.
- Max - Game runs at 4 times normal speed (might change in the future).
- 50% - Game runs at half speed.
- Autoload State - Toggle Savestate autoloading.
- Autosave Settings - Save settings when leaving menu if any changes are made.
- Autopause Game - Toggle if the game should pause when opening the menu.
- Powersave 2nd Screen - If graphics/light should be turned off for the GUI screen when menu is not active.
- Emulator on Bottom - Select if top or bottom screen should be used for emulator, when menu is active emulator screen is always on top.
- Debug Output - Show an FPS meter for now.
- Autosleep - Does not work.
L+R or Touchscreen - Open up menu
D-Pad or Touchscreen - Navigate menus
A or Double tap - Select an option
B or Top of the screen - Go back
R/L or Touchscreen - Switch between tabs
B - NGP A button
A - NGP B button
Y/Select - Power button
X/Start - Start button
Tested on iDeaS emulator.
- Fixed sound mute handling.
- Better flash emulation/saving/loading.
- Fixed save/load state.
- Added stereo sound.
- Added speed hacks.
- Optimized VRAM transfers a bit.
- Optimized memory accesses a bit.
- Various cpu fixes.
- Fixed auto power on/off.
- Added a new border on game screen.
- Added new setting to lower emulated cpu speed.
- Tweaked cpu register usage.
- Fixed MULA opcode.
- CPU working.
- Memory working.
- Graphics working.
- Sound working.
- Started port to Nintendo DS.
- Fixed copy protection in "Metal Slug 2" (SNK logo in VRAM).
- Fixed control problem in "Rockman Battle & Fighters" (MIRR opcode).
- Fixed background glitch in "Memories of Pure" (HCount register).
- Fixed problems with DMA probably affecting many games.
- Added speedhacks for a lot of games.
- Added emulation of batteries & sub battery.
- Added RTC alarm.
- Added power button (SELECT).
- Added D button (R) (check "Doko Demo Mahjong").
- Fixed a couple of cpu bugs affecting "Metal Slug 1" and a couple of other games.
- Initial GBA release (NGPAdvance).
- Started Coding.
Huge thanks to Loopy for the incredible PocketNES, without it this emu would probably never have been made.
- Flavor & Koyote for NGP info.
- Dwedit for help and inspiration with a lot of things.