From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
A 48K Spectrum emulator port that was made for Linux/Windows, adapted to work on Nintendo DS.
It was written with the following tools: devkitARM release 20, PAlib070717, Linker R4 DS.
- Full emulation of the 48K ZX Spectrum.
- Support of snapshots files on SNA format.
- Sound management.
- Virtual keyboard managed with a Stylus.
- SNA files browsing.
- Joystick interfaces: Sinclair 1&2, Cursor and Kempston.
- Automatic games set-up.
- 50 FPS.
- Possible loading of another ROM.
Copy the bin/SpectrumDS.nds file to the root of your memory card.
Then create a /sna/ directory at the same place as the binary and place the snapshot files in SNA format there.
To facilitate the selection of SNAs in the emulator, you can place a screenshot of the game in this directory. This file must be in 128X96 pixels GIF format and have the same name as the sna file.
Example: ChuckEgg.sna and ChuckEgg.gif
- The top screen represents the Spectrum screen.
- In Spectrum mode, the bottom screen simulates the spectrum keyboard.
- You will hear a clicking sound when you press a key.
- Pressing the Start key allows you to access the SNA file loading and configuration panel.
- To start a game, click on the image in the center.
- It is possible to define a configuration file.
- This file is used to define the interface to use joystick and define a sequence of keys to launch the snapshot.
- The spectrum.cfg file must be placed in the /sna/ directory.
<SNA> <JOYSTICK> <SEQUENCE> <SEQUENCE>...
- SNA - Name of snapshot file. Example: ChuckEgg.sna
- JOYSTICK - Can take one of the following values. KEMPSTON, CURSOR, SINCLAIR_1 or SINCLAIR_2.
- SEQUENCE- #<value> <key>
- <value>: Half-seconds to wait for each value. Example: #4 corresponds to a wait of 2 seconds.
- <key>: Name of the simulated key.
BountyBo.sna KEMPSTON #1 R #1 7 #1 6 #1 5 #1 8 #1 0 ChuckEgg.sna CURSOR #1 R #1 7 #1 6 #1 5 #1 8 #1 0 #1 S #6 1 ProjectF.sna CURSOR #8 3 #2 4 RollerCo.sna KEMPSTON TheAlche.sna KEMPSTON TheCoven.sna SINCLAIR_2 WizardsL.sna KEMPSTON
- When launching the emulator for the first time, rather than selecting a snapshot, click on the icon at the top left. You will launch the Spectrum in basic interpreter mode.
- You can activate/deactivate the automatic configuration by clicking on the Gear icon.
- You can activate/deactivate the sound by clicking on the Musical Note icon.
- Frames per second (FPS) can be displayed if you press the R button.
Select - Change the joystick emulation interface
Start - Access the selection panel SNA files and settings
X - Shoot, Action
D-Pad - Movement