From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author(s)||RCK (René C. Kiesler)|
PolyTouch is a simple polygon manipulation program for the NDS. The goal of the PolyTouch project is to provide a simple program for creating vector sprites for vector based Nintendo DS games. Examples include, but are not limited to, Tempest, Asteroids, Battlezone and made up games.
This application supports, but does not require, the Taito Paddle Controller for Nintendo DS.
Download and extract file.
Put the .nds file and this .txt on memory card.
The top screen will display a short introduction to the controls and some current parameters. The bottom screen is reserved for drawing.
On the bottom screen, you can:
- Change node positions.
- Enable/disable the squares (or draggers) around the nodes.
- Scroll through the nodes sequentially.
- Nudge the current node.
- Increase/ decrease the number of nodes.
In this version, you can change the nodes of a closed-polygon, having up to 25 nodes.
Stylus - Modify the polygon shape
L/R - Change the edit point
D-Pad - Move around the edit point on screen
X - Add an edit point
Y - Remove an edit point
Select - Hide/show the edit points
Tested on Acekard2i AKAIO 1.5.
- Dragging to the border of the screen can result in nasty memory overwrites, damaging the screen.
- Positioning of nodes in the lower/left area curiously can result in strange display patterns.
0.1 28 August 2008
- Random startup image (pool of 5 predefined vector-sprites).
- Support for D-Pad, Shoulder Buttons, X/Y and Select.
- Support for Taito Paddle.
- Show/hide Draggers.
- Show current node, it's coordinates and number of nodes.
This project would not be possible without palib.info ("PolyTouch" is based on PAlib) and its forum.