From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
AnimEDS by PypeBros is a sprite/animation editor for the Nintendo DS. The editor itself works with the .spr format.
It is ranked 2nd in the NEO Retro Coding Compo 2012, APP section.
- download it, ensure you've got a DS linker ready
- install spritex.spr at the root of your media card
- place AnimEditor.nds anywhere you like on your media card
Press START, L, X to load "spritex.spr" in memory.
Position the various members of the characters on the 'Frame Editor', change the sprites used with the SpriteTable.
START-L-X - load the spritex.spr file (other spritesheets can be built with SEDS)
Click the limbs on the central area to select them, then move them around with the stylus or the DPAD.
L - de-select the current limb
Y - copy current frame and edit the next (copied) frame
Up/Down (no limb is selected) - move from frame to frame
Left/Right - move the selected frame around the timeline
Limbs miniature on the left - select a limb more accurately/make its associate spritesheet appearing on the right
Touch one of the sprites on the right sheet to change which image is displayed.
R-R - write back that animation to the "thumb window".
- D-PAD (When thumbs window displayed, pressing R once) - select an animation slot
- A - load it in the editor
- R - save the editor's content
- L - return to the editor without writing back
START-R-R - save back your work
- Timeline Revisited, displaying the position of a "member" in the next / previous image, reverse image, fixing bugs when saving
- backup your movies too, comes with the Mystery Character
- a horror in terms of maneuverability, supplied without character
- do not even try