From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author||Sektor (originally by Alan Gerow)|
TxtWriter is a text writing program. Using the virtual keyboard, you can type out a message that can then be saved to a CF card in a device such as the GBAMP. Button assignments for shift, backspace, space, and return make typing a little easier and are paralleled on both sides for left- and right-handed people.
You choose your own filename for the text files, but it only saves it to a folder named "TXT" in the root directory. There is also a 256 line limit for text files.
v0.3 sports a redesigned interface along with intra-document editing, allowing you to move around within the text file to make changes. Dialog boxes have been added to aid in user input options and alerts.
- Save, read & load, and delete files from a CF card in a GBAMP and M3 with overwrite confirmation.
- File menu with an alphabetized file list.
- A working virtual keyboard with shift/caps, button highlighting, and F-key support.
- Custom font.
- Word wrapping and line scrolling.
- Document navigating with home/end/page up/page down & arrow keys with a cursor.
- Mirrored button key assistance mapping non-character keys for aided text input.
- Dialog boxes for user input, selection confirmation, and information alerts.
- Looking pretty snazzy.
Download and extract file.
Copy TxtWriter.nds to your CF card along with TXT folder if there isn't already one on your CF card.
- 256 Line limit.
- 8192 Character limit (256 lines * 32 characters).
- 27 Character filename (+ file extension).
- Confined to /TXT folder.
- 128 Files.
Up/X - Shift
Left/Y - Backspace
Right/A - Space
Down/B - Return
L - Save
R - Open
Select - Clear
F1 - Save
F2 - Open
Close - Clear
- Added support for more devices http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI.
- Fixed graphic corruption problem on M3 (run ds.gba version, splash screen is white for some reason).
- Updated FAT library to gba_nds_fat_2006-03-03 (should support more devices now).
- Text console background.
- New font.
- New extended keyboard.
- Key highlighting.
- Home/end/pgup/pgdn & arrow keys navigate text.
- Dialog boxes.
- F-keys for openning & saving files.
- Clear button.
- Internal editing.
- Fixed delete menu display bug.
- Should now work with M3.
- File browser.
- Open text files.
- Edit text files.
- Delete text files.
- Overwrite confirmation.
- Scrolling files over 23 lines long.
- Word wrapping.
v0.1 2005/11/02 (by alangerow)
- Initial Release:
- Virtual keyboard.
- Bbutton assistance.
- Save to CF card.
- Choose filename.
Chishm, Headspin, El Hobito.
- Author's website - http://ds.spacemonkeymafia.com/txtwriter.php