From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Ands-PDF is a PDF reader for the DS. The ands-pdf project aims at providing a solid PDF viewer to NDS users.
It was part of the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2009, ranked 2nd in the APP section.
- Can read most PDF files
- Supports zooming, panning, and flipping through pages
- 'Preview' button to display a 'mini' view of the document
- Require less memory compare to old version
- Download and extract file to your card, putting the 'font' folder in the root.
- Be sure to also put PDF documents on the card
- Start - new file ('B' will cancel this operation.)
- Select + Up/Down - adjusts the screen brightness
- B - toggles view mode between normal document view mode and reader view mode
Normal Viewer Mode:
- D-Pad - pans the document
- X - toggles between book mode and normal mode
- R or A - next page
- L or Y - previous page
- Right/Left - moves page forward/backward
- Up/Down - moves page text up or down
Large files or files with many images will cause the program to run out of memory and quit.
Tested on: FlashCard M3 Real with Sakura firmware 1.34
- FlashCard DSTT with firmware 1.17
- Flashcard R4 with firmware 1.18
- New viewing mode. This is the 'reader' mode. More on that later.
- D-pad now pans the screen. I got alot of requests for this one!
- File browser is now filtered; will only show PDF files. Note that it will show folders that don't have PDF files in them.
- You can now adjust the backlit brightness by holding down Select + Up/Down arrows.
- You can now cancel out of the file browser with 'B', or by clicking the file browser button again.
- Rendering is getting progressively faster.
- Mini-help screen and info screen on startup.
- Added splash screen. If you find this annoying, remove the splash files in the FONTS folder, and it will bypass this step.
- Fonts are external now. This gives us alot more memory to play with at the expense of higher load times on certain PDF's. (Note: I took out the dingbats font. If anyone as a PDF that has dingbats, I will hand out that file too... It is much larger though).