Ands-PDF is a PDF reader for the DS. The ands-pdf project aims at providing a solid PDF viewer to NDS users.
It was part of the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2009, ranked 2nd in the APP section.
- Can read most PDF files.
- Supports zooming, panning, and flipping through pages.
- Preview button to display a mini-view of the document.
- Require less memory compare to old version.
Download and extract file to your card, put the font folder in the root.
Be sure to also put PDF documents on the card.
Start - New file (B to cancel this operation)
Select+Up/Down - Adjust screen brightness
B - Toggle between normal document view mode and reader view mode
Normal Viewer Mode:
D-Pad - Pan the document
X - Toggle between book mode and normal mode
R/A - Next page
L/Y - Previous page
Right/Left - Move page forward/backward
Up/Down - Move page text up/down
Large files or files with many images will cause the program to run out of memory and quit.
M3 Real (Sakura firmware 1.34)
DSTT (firmware 1.17)
R4 (firmware 1.18)
- New viewing mode. This is the 'reader' mode. More on that later.
- D-pad now pans the screen. Recevied alot of requests for this one.
- File browser is now filtered; will only show PDF files. Note that it will show folders that don't have PDF files in them.
- You can now adjust the backlit brightness by holding down Select + Up/Down arrows.
- You can now cancel out of the file browser with 'B', or by clicking the file browser button again.
- Rendering is getting progressively faster.
- Mini-help screen and info screen on startup.
- Added splash screen. If you find this annoying, remove the splash files in the FONTS folder, and it will bypass this step.
- Fonts are external now. This gives us alot more memory to play with at the expense of higher load times on certain PDF's. (Note: Taken out the dingbats font).