From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
IkuReader is an e-book reader for Nintendo DS.
- Txt, fb2 and partial epub support.
- Unicode support (utf-8).
- Read from either both screens or just one. Backlight of inactive screen will be turned off to save battery life.
- Horizontal and vertical layouts.
- Install your favorite fonts.
Copy data folder to the root of your memory card.
Copy iku.nds and books where you want to.
To add your own fonts, copy them to data/ikureader/fonts. Each font consists of 3 files: normal, bold and italic. Pay attention to the naming.
Q. What to do if one of my screens is blurred?
There is sharpness button in the menu just for that.
Q. I see wrong charaters in some files. What to do?
Make sure your ebooks are UTF-8 encoded. You can do so by opening them in windows notepad and saving them as files with UTF-8 encoding.
For fb2 books you also should correct declaration. ebubs are by default in UTF-8, but epub format is not properly supported.
Tested on SuperCard DSTwo (EOS Kernel 1.9).
- Fixed search.
- Enabled bold and italic tags.
- Menu translation system.
- Fixed "bare" newlines handling found in some txt books.
- Drafted out search (called with select button) (only English keyboard).
- Fixed clock and made it flash for a moment after turning a page.
- Filtered out red and blue lines on screen edges (which must have been annoying if you've got acute vision).
- Added some local encodings (8859-1, 8859-2, 8859-15, cp1250, cp1251, cp1252).
- Fix: several previous versions didn't work on some cards (white screen).
- Workaround for crashes on files with unicode filenames on some cards.
- Checks wether bookmarks are set past end of file (happens with equally named files).
- Three options for gamma (boldness).
- Cleaner letter shapes by the means of gamma correction (only for black & white).
- Epub:   ; is now expanded to a space, it wasn't at all previously.
- Fixed line breaking when there are no spaces.
- Kind of profile support: differently named copies of iku.nds will use separate setting files [if loader passes argv].
- Solved "out of memory" error for many epubs.
- Indication of font, size and screen configuration in settings.
- Added progressbar.
- Speedup epub loading (no more disk caching).
- Added Droid Serif font.
- Minor optimisations and bugfixes.
- Added option to pick colors for font and background.
- Fixed crashes on some files.
- Critical fix: file browser hanged in some situations.
- Speedup loading some files.
- Added hints on plus-minus buttons.
- Soft hyphen support.
- Reduced slowdowns on large paragraphs.
- Fixed: moonshell related error was displayed on some cards.
- Fixed: hyphen sign was sometimes drawn twice.
- Added automatic hyphenation for texts in Russian.
- Allowed line breakes after hyphens.
- Fixed: file ordering is now case-insensitive (for latin filenames).
- Fixed: letters could appear messed up after changing font.
- Fixed: files weren't always alphabetically ordered.
- Phat: more BGR options to remove blur.
- Lite: backlight level is restored from previous session.
- Major card/loader compatibility issue solved: no more distorted text.
- Changed folder structure upon multiple requests.
- Moonshell's extlink enabled (not perfect).
- Fb2 fix: <empty-line/> only breaked line.
- Fixed error after moving .nds to a different folder.
- Changed memory management. should get rid of a lot of 'out of memory' errors.
- Improved epub compatibility. Still too raw.
- Fixed last letter of a line sometimes not being displayed.
- Fb2: fixed paragraths containing <empty-line /> tag not being displayed.
- Experimental epub support.
- Books folder no longer required: file browser should start in the same folder last book was opened from.
- Fixed recent book not always saved.
- Messed with saving settings even more.
- Updated libfat.
- Improved rendering of small fonts.
- Changed the way settings are saved, should solve some bugs.
- Latest page is saved every time a page is turned.
- Added touch controlled page turning.
- Initial release.