From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DSOrganize is meant as a homebrew organizer application for the Nintendo DS that should have come built in in the first place.
It is currently capable of storing daily and hourly memos, addresses, todo lists and simple scribbles. It also includes a full file browser and calculator. The file browser is capable of displaying images and playing back many audio formats as well as launching homebrew and viewing/editing text and html. Internet capabilities of DSOrganize include an IRC client, an online homebrew database, streaming audio support, and a rudimentary web browser. According to the developer, hoewever, this homebrew is not a full-fledged organizer, operating system, video player or anything similar.
It came in the 4th position at the NEO Spring Coding Competition 2006.
- Home Screen:
- Re-arrangeable graphical menu of available items.
- Day overview with snapshots of your calendar and todo list.
- Room for custom shortcuts to launch your favorite plugins or applications.
- Tied to Day Planner.
- Allows for daily events or reminders to be placed on the calendar year.
- Day Planner:
- Allows for bi-hourly events or reminders to be placed on a specific day, or by week, month or year.
- Address Book:
- Supports vCard 2.1 and 3.0 formats.
- Automatically separates multi-vCard entries for editing.
- Allows creation and editing of existing addressbook entries.
- Editor autoformats 9 digit zip codes and 7/10 digit phone numbers.
- Autosorted list, configurable to either last, first or first last.
- Todo List:
- Supports simple lists of errands or chores.
- Allows you to set the severity of lists.
- Available auto-bullet mode.
- Scribble Pad:
- Allows for the creation or editing of 256x192 bmp and png files.
- Contains several common tools including a text input and color replacer.
- Contains standard palette as well as a color chooser that presents virtually all of the DS's colors.
- Lists the contents of your CF/SD/microSD card.
- Ability to hide or unhide files.
- Ability to disable hidden file viewing in configuration.
- Full support for new file, new directory, delete file/directory, rename, cut, copy, paste.
- Reads description and icon from homebrew and demo .nds files.
- Included txt/ini/html editor:
- Supports simple editing of files.
- Available syntax highlighting for ini and html files.
- Included txt/html viewer:
- Renders simple html pages.
- Allows up to 10 bookmarks for a particular file.
- Includes picture viewer:
- Support for the bmp, jpg, png, and gif formats (including animated gif).
- Limited support for raw .bin formats.
- Allows viewing of files larger than the screen by presenting a thumbnail and a drag box.
- Includes module, emulated and wav/mp3/ogg/aac/m4a/flac player:
- Support for xm, it, s3m, mod modules.
- Support for sid, nsf, spc, sndh emulated formats.
- Support for pls or m3u playlists.
- Support for streaming mp3, ogg and aac radio.
- Allows for simple playback, sequential and shuffle playback.
- Includes wav recorder:
- Allows for virtually unlimited recording time by streaming directly to your :CF/SD/microSD card.
- Saves to standard windows-readable audio files.
- Includes homebrew launcher:
- Works best on supercard or gbamp cf.
- Allows for configurable second loader for compatibility.
- Auto DLDI patching for supported homebrew.
- Shortcuts support, including shortcuts that can be placed on the home screen.
- Standard scientific calculator.
- Allows for large numbers in memory, up to 200,000 digits.
- Allows connections to virtually any IRC server.
- Tabbed, multichannel view with 100 lines of backscroll.
- Ability to scroll back through five typed lines or commands.
- Full bold/underline/colors support.
- Autoperform through autoperform.txt file upon connect.
- Customizable theme support through irc.ini.
- Homebrew Database:
- Allows connections to DSOrganize homepage or custom homebrew databases.
- Will list and download homebrew availabie on the database directly to your CF/SD/microSD card.
- Configuration Page:
- Allows customization of all pages in DSOrganize.
- Includes specific settings for web browser and IRC.
- Allows rearranging of the home screen.
- Allows configuration of wifi in firmware and three additional DSOrganize profiles.
- Web Browser:
- Forms and links support.
- Customizable homepage.
- Bookmarks support.
- Lists URLs captured from IRC.
- Small images support.
- CSS colors support.
- File download support.
- SSL support.
Download DSOrganize v3.2, if you have problems with file corruption with v3.2 revert to using v3.1129.
Extract DSOrganize.nds, DLDI patch it and copy it to your card.
Extract the folder called DSOrganize to the root of your card.
Run from your card's apps menu.
To run DSOrganize, make sure you have unzipped or moved the entire contents (sans this readme) to your CF/SD/microSD card. There are several support files including help and resource files that need to be present for all of the features to work properly.
To boot DSOrganize, either set it as your shell (possible under GBAMP, DS-X or ninjaDS) or launch it from your card's menu. To get help on any specific feature, hold select on the screen and help will be displayed.
The recommended card solution for use with DSOrganize is the GBAMP, although this might not be practical in your situation. In that case, the CycloDS Evo card might be better.
wav - 8, 16, 24, and 32 bit stereo and mono files.
mp3 - High quality decoding of cbr and vbr files with 4x upsampling and id3v1.1.
mp2/mpa - High quality decoding of all files with id3v1.1.
ogg - High quality decoding with support for ogg vorbis tags.
aac - 1 or 2 channel audio with high quality decoding.
m4a/m4b - Decoding virtually all unecrypted files.
mod/xm/it/s3m/etc. - Some files do not work due to bugs in libmikmod.
flac - 1 or 2 channel audio with normal decoding quality.
sid - Most sid files, multi-track support (no seeking support).
nsf - Virtually all files, multi-track support (no seeking support).
spc - Virtually all files (no seeking support).
sndh - Virtually all files, multi-track support (no seeking support).
gbs - Virtually all files, multi-track support (no seeking support).
mp3/aac/ogg streams - Fully supported from icecast or shoutcast servers.
pls - Full support for unix/windows written files, stream support.
m3u - Full support for unix/windows written files, stream support.
bmp - Uncompressed files in 2/4/16/256 color and 16/24bit modes.
jpg - Regular and progressive files and most major compression types.
png - Regular and progressive files with or without alpha channels.
gif - Regular and animated files including decode-on-demand for large animated gif files.
txt/ini/cfg/html - Full text editor with syntax highlighting.
txt/html - Full text reader with bookmark.
dss - File extension for DSO shortcuts.
Can not record .wav files. Causes DSOrganise to freeze.
"The resource directory is incomplete, certain features such as the homebrew database and homebrew booting might not work and some graphics may be missing!" This error occurs if you have not copied the folder "DSOrganize" to the root of your DS-Xtreme
- Added multi track support to SID files (finally).
- Added support for the gbs file format.
- Added confirmations to text editor on save or exit.
- Added /describe to irc.
- Added basic cookie support.
- Tied Y to the stop function on the web browser.
- Changed IRC receive mode to hopefully squash memory error.
- Changed internet enabled applications to allow downloading/processing while the lid is closed.
- Decreased memory footprint to allow larger images to load again.
- Fixed annual dates causing every day to underline in some cases.
- Fixed e^x freezing in some instances.
- Fixed inconsistent save message on scribble screen.
- Fixed IRC bug that appeared while typing with fixed width irc.
- Fixed aac/mp3 streams skipping sometimes.
- Fixed bad font characters in the smallest font.
- Fixed a html rendering crash with css pages.
- Fixed random crash that happened when switching tabs in web browser.
- Fixed garbage display in hbdb if you cancelled the list then pressed left or right.
- Fixed graphical issues with themes loaded.
- Author's website - https://dragonminded.com/ndsdev/dsorganize