From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
nDos is an application that includes note, reader, contact list and drawing apps.
It was ranked 2nd in the NEO Coding Competition 2005.
- Download and extract file.
- Add documents .doc/.txt/.html and adressbook .csv in the 'yourfile' directory.
- Launch "make_your_ndos.bat" to compile the rom.
First time booting nDoS, it will be asked to format Sram. If you want to keep your saves, switch off DS and backup Sram. If format is needed , hold 'start' while booting nDoS.
To get to the menu, drag stylus to the top of the screen or press 'start'. You can then choose which app to launch with either stylus or D-Pad + 'a'.
- Save text by taping 'save' and loading saved text by taping 'load'.
- Documents are listed on lower screen, taping on one while show a text preview on upper screen. Taping on it a second time will read the whole document.
- Choose reading mode (vertical/horizontal) by pressing 'select'.
- Zoom/change page with D-Pad or 'abxy'.
- To get back to the list, press 'L' and 'R' at the same time.
- To display information on a contact, tap name with stylus. Drag the list down using the slider on the right.
- Press 'select' to invert both screen and change settings.
- Change color between 4 selected (can change by setting RGB value) ones with D-Pad
- Tap 'create' to create an account, 'login' to login and so on :)
- Can define a default user so you don't have to login everytime on boot.
Uses the pad and stylus.
close lid - power-saving mode when you close the lid.
Rubber button - erases the screen
Line button - for making coffee
Red cross button - undo
Green arrows button - 'select'
Special Thanks to Mollusk, Birslip, and all PlayerAdvance.org.