From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
An application that opens txt files in utf8 encoding and allows associating a dictionary to translate unknown words. The program adapts the line jumps to txt DS screen, allows you to save bookmarks, saved vocabulary lists editable PC, the text jumps etc.
It is participated in the Scenery Beta 2009, earning third place in the category Applications NDS.
- Open and read txt file in UTF-8
- Ability to assign dictionaries to open txt file
- Search the text words or expressions in the dictionary marking them on the touch screen
- Saving reading points
- Saving the terms in personal vocabulary lists also in txt files into editable PC
- Consultation guards vocabulary lists from the DS
- Bar fast-forwarding/fast-reversing in the text
- Adjust line breaks to the size of the DS without cutting words
- Enabled Asian languages (Chinese and Japanese)
When start the program you are prompted to select a file for reading. Then user will be asked to select a link to the file dictionary.
It's all explained in the manual attached.
Up/Down - go back and forth
X - display menu
- Added interface languages to choose English or Spanish
- Added direct search function dictionaries
- Added option to toggle background color dark and light
- Added two search methods in dictionary (words that begin or words containing the marked text)