Snes9xTYL Mod PSP
Snes9xTYL Mod is a SNES emulator for PlayStation Portable.
This homebrew is a modified version made by esmjanus based on YoyoFR and Laxer3a's Snes9xTYL.
- Standby/sleep mode on me version.
- Netplay (multiplayer) suppport.
- Zipped ROM support.
- IPS patch file (have to be the same name as game with IPS extension: SOE.ZIP -> SOE.IPS).
- Compressed Savestate with small screenshot.
- Auto save of SRAM on game change, exit and Snes reset so you should never lose them.
- Gamma correction.
- VSync support.
- SDD1 encrypted roms (Star Ocean, Street Fight Alpha 2, etc).
- SA1 (slow), SuperFX (slow), C4, DSP1, DSP2, DSP3, DSP4 support.
- Multiple sound frequencies: 22Khz, 32Khz, 44Khz.
- Multiple stretching mode with or without smoothing.
- Detailed battery informations.
- 222, 266, 300 and 333Mhz PSP frequency.
- Snapshot based Icon per game. Take a snapshot while ingame (using GUI) and you'll have it in file browser.
- 5 Rendering modes.
It comes with 2 versions (me/cm).
- s9xTYLme - For all PSP models. Not compatible with PSVita, however faster than s9xTYLcm.
- s9xTYLcm - For PSVita with Adrenaline/eCFW ARK/VHBL etc. Works on PSP but slower than s9xTYLme.
To install, unzip archive and copy the folder to /PSP/GAME/ on your PSP.
You can put the rom files anywhere you want, a SAVES subdirectory will be created in your install directory. All savestate files, sram files and jpg snapshots will be written in the SAVES subdirectory.
Note: Before updating, make sure to backup your SAVES and/or S9XTYLSAVES folders just in case something goes wrong.
- Mode0 - Optimized Snes9x.
- Mode1 - Original Snes9x.
- Mode2 - Hardware accelerated (using PSP's GU).
- Mode3 - Adaptive rendering Mode 2 + Mode 1 (default).
- Mode4 - Adaptive rendering Mode 2 + Mode 0.
This version support nearly all the graphics effects of the Snes accelerated with PSP hardware. Except: offset mode and mode 7. Priority and blending are fully emulated. For the moment a few graphic glitches remain.
Help and Tips
Some games run faster if Ignore Palette writes and/or Simple Palette writes are enabled on MISC> Hack/debug menu.
If you get a black screen at loading a game, you can try to disable Speed hacks on MISC> Hack/debug menu, and then load the game again.
D-Pad/Analog - Move through menu
Square - Run ROM in default setting (in rom selection menu)
Cross - Cancel, Return
Circle - Accept, Select
Triangle - Upload a file (file browser), Set default option (submenus), Show Help (in options)
Start - Activate Network Connection Mode (in rom selection menu)
Select - Change background music in menu (if enabled)
Home - Exit
D-Pad - D-Pad
L+R - Menu (cm version)
Cross - A button
Circle - B button
Square - X button
Triangle - Y button
Start - Start
Select - Select
L - L-Trigger
R - R-Trigger
- Fixed Brawl Brothers.
- Added extended height support. To use it just disable Render PAL as NTSC option in VIDEO Menu. This will render 240 lines on NTSC games that need it, for example: Daisenryaku Expert.
- Added a temporary quick fix to create S9XTYLSAVES folder in /PSP/SAVEDATA directory. For some reason it wasn't being created automatically.
- Added support for Far East of Eden - Tengai Makyou Zero english translation.
- Fixed a bug on snes9xTYL Mod 171008 that may corrupt savestates on some games.
- Fixed a bug on Super Mario RPG that was causing graphical glitches on battles if speedhacks from snesadvance.dat were not enabled.
- Improved accuracy of Super FX emulation.
- Replaced SA1 option on MISC->Hack/debug menu for SFX overclock to control speed/accuracy.
- Added a new option to adjust sound volume level on SOUND menu (Higher values can cause noise on some games).
- Added compatibility for SD Gundam GX, and Top Gear 3000/The Planet's Champ TG3000.
- Fixed Dungeon Master.
- Added speedhack for Ace o Nerae (and his english translation: Aim for the Ace v1.2) from snes9x 3DS.
- Added Brunnis input lag fix from snes9x2010 (Reduce input lag by 1 frame).
- Improved sound emulation.
- Fixed a bug on Super Double Dragon (If START button was pressed, the second player was activated and controlled by the same gamepad).
- Fixed Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War/Seisen no Keifu english translation.
- Fixed Mega Man X3: Zero Project romhack.
- Added some optimize compiler options.
- Minor changes and optimizations.
- Fixed Speed hacks option that wasn't saved separately for each game.
- Added optimizations for SA1 games.**
- Added support for Super Mario World VLDC 9 romhack.**
- Added code to apply hardcoded speedhack patches for the main CPU and SA1 games.**
- Added instructions to specifically allow games to wake the SA1 chip from the main CPU.**
- Implemented SA1 sleep speedhack on the following games:**
- Super Mario RPG, Kirby’s Dreamland, Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius, Kirby Super Star, Marvelous, Super Robot Taisen, Panic Bomber World, Dragon Ball Hyper Dimension, SD Gundam Next, Power Rangers Zeo, Daisenryaku Expert 2, Masters New Augusta 3, Bass Fishing, J96 Dream Stadium, Shining Scorpion, Pebble Beach New, PGA European Tour, SD F1 Grand Prix.
- Minor changes and optimizations. **Changes based on snes9x 3DS.
- Fixed getting back to XMB menu at starting the emulator due to a wrong Heap size on ME version.
- Fixed savestates.
- Fixed SAVES folder detection.
- Enabled PSP Clockspeed change on ME version.
- Enabled adhoc/netplay suppport.
- Added standby/sleep mode on ME version, but it is disabled during netplay to prevent losing adhoc connection.
- Optimized Offset per Tile renderer, this gives an speed boost on some games like StarFox, Tetris Attack, Kirby's Avalanche, Strike Gunner STG, etc. Thanks to snes9x_3DS by @bubble2k16.
- Snes9x team for the SNES emulator.
- YoyoFR and Laxer3a for official Snes9xTYL.
- Ruka, 33(76) for mod of mecm.
- 173210 for mod of Snes9xTYLmecm 091127.
- bubble2k16 for the work on Snes9x3DS. Many optimisations were ported from this version.