c64psp is a Sony PSP port of Christian Bauer's Frodo C64 emulator.
- Multiple screen modes (with vsync on Firmware 1.5).
- Full speed, stable C64 emulation (no need for PSP overclocking).
- Excellent SID emulation.
- Quit key combination for Firmware 2.0 users.
- Memory snapshot quickload and save.
- Increased game compatibility.
Copy the directory to the /PSP/GAME/ folder on your Memory Stick.
Place T64 and D64 image files in the /PSP/C64ROMS/ folder on your Memory Stick.
Load games (T64, D64)
Open the image selection screen, choose the image to Autoload.
Programs can also be loaded with the standard C64 disk commands using the virtual keyboard (e.g. LOAD”$”,8 and LIST for directory listing).
To do so, return to the emulator once the image file is highlighted and enter the following command
- Stretched with horizontal and vertical borders.
- Stretched with vertical borders.
- Stretched with no borders.
Q. Why do I get an error when starting c64psp?
Check that c64psp is installed correctly.
Q. My favourite game doesn’t work?
c64psp is a PSP port of the Frodo C64 emulator, any game that works on FrodoPC should work on c64psp.
You may also try to find an alternative image.
Start - Help screen
Select - Reset emulator
L+R+Start - Exit c64psp
L - Open image selection screen, Return to the emulator
Image selection screen:
D-Pad - Highlight image to load
Cross - Autoload image
Triangle - Toggle joystick port 1/port 2 (default) for the emulator
Circle - Change screen mode
R - Show/hide keyboard
D-Pad - Virtual keyboard navigation
Cross - Press selected key
Square - Hold Shift and press the selected key
Analog - Move virtual keyboard
Start - Load a snapshot
Select - Save snapshot
D-Pad diagonals do not work properly, which seems to be a common PSP problem.
- Video overhaul with multiple screen modes.
- Better SID emulation.
- More stable emulation core with better game support.
- Snapshot quickload and save.
- Added support for analog stick, virtual keyboard, joystick swapping and ability to load T64 and D64 image files.
- Video is now centred.
- USB disabled for this version.
- Initial version. It boots. It displays stuff. It makes noises.
urchin: Code, graphics.
MagicRuss: v1.5 Testing, graphics.
grasstust: v2.0 Testing.
Thanks to ps2dev.org for the PSP dev kit and Christian Bauer for creating Frodo.
- Official website - http://urch.in/c64psp (archived)
- PS2DEV - http://lukasz.dk/mirror/forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopicf730.html?t=4435