LoneWolfDS - Shadow On The Sand
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|LoneWolfDS - Shadow On The Sand|
|Author(s)||Frédéric Calendini (Michoko)|
|Type||Adventure Role Playing|
LoneWolf DS is a gamebook for the NDS, a kind of interactive fiction/choose your own adventure RPG. They were novels which had a nice success during the 80's, and which were allowing the readers to choose their own path by jumping from one numbered section to another, with other nice ideas which were the precursors of what we find today in role playing video games.F. Calendini used the work from the Aon Project to adapt a Lone Wolf gamebook to the DS.
The philosophy behind the port of the Lone Wolf books to the DS is to let the console handle all the rules related to combats, stats and so on, so the player can be really immersed in the story and doesn't need to bother with the gameplay elements.
This adventure game is a conversion of the famous Lone Wolf gamebooks written by Joe Dever in the 80's (Book V from the Kai Series).
- Fun and interactive.
- Enemies fights
- Random dice results.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it if needed (if your card does not have auto-patching) and copy it to the root directory of the card.
Once more, Lone Wolf must set out on a mission bestowed upon him by the king. This time however, the mission is a diplomatic one, in which a crucial peace treaty must be signed in the far away desert empire of Vassagonia.
Your goal is to go through the book by choosing your path and actions interactively. You will have to fight enemies, collect items and gold and make your choices wisely to survive this epic journey!
Continue from previous book
You can continue your adventure from the previous book, with all your stats/items and disciplines. To do so, you first have to save a game at the very last section of the previous volume, then launch the current book and select NEW GAME. You should be offered to continue from a previous saved game.
The complete Kai series (Book 1 to 5) has been ported to the NDS, where you follow Lone Wolf as he climbs the steps to become a Kai Lord of the Magnakai level:
- Flight from the Dark (Book I).
- Fire on the Water (Book II).
- The Caverns of Kalte (Book III).
- The Chasm of Doom (Book IV).
- Shadow on the Sand (Book V).
You can learn more about the books and the Magnamund universe here.
Operate with Stylus.
LoneWolfDS Demo (Frederic French)
Tested and works on the following linkers:
M3 Real (works with M3 manager 3.6. If it doesn't work, try launching it via DS Organize)
Supercard DS One
Datel Games N Music
Max Media Player
AceKard 2i + AKAIO
- Now a Spear and a Broadsword are present in section #182 (thanks DragonLord).
- Fixed a bug that may prevent you from taking back your Sommerswerd in section #278 (thanks Benoît F).
- Fixed competence detection in section #126 (thanks Benoît F).
- Fixed random table results in section #239 (thanks Benoît F).
- Fixed a case where an instant kill was not activating any link in section #244 (thanks Stéphane P).
- Fixed a link bug in section #57 (thanks Stenny).
- First public release.
The Project Aon team, Mollusk, fincs, Noda and ThomasS, NewKuato and Urbatain El Clérigo, and everyone else who helped on this project.
- Author's website - http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php