From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
XrickDS is an adaption of the platform game Rick Dangerous for the Nintendo DS. Originally developed by Core Design for the Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 and DOS based PCs. It was released in 1989 and published by Rainbird Software in Europe and the rest of the world and on the MicroPlay label (part of MicroProse) in America.
The game is largely inspired by the Indiana Jones movie Raiders of the Lost Ark. Set in 1945, British agent Rick Dangerous travels to the Amazon jungle to search for the lost Goolu tribe. His plane crashes in the jungle, and Rick must escape from the enraged Goolu.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it and copy it to your card.
When the game starts Rick finds himself in a cave running from a rolling boulder, a famous scene from the Indiana Jones movie.
Armed with a pistol and dynamite, Rick must fight hostiles and evade countless traps in three more levels. The second level is set inside a pyramid in Egypt. In level three, Rick must venture to the Nazi stronghold of Schwarzendumpf castle to rescue captured Allied soldiers. The rescued soldiers tell him that the Nazis are planning a missile attack on London. Therefore, in the last level Rick must infiltrate their secret missile base.
4 levels included are:
- South America.
- Schwarzendumpf Castle.
- Missile Base.
Note: Cheat mode available as in the AMIGA version.
Left/Right - Move left/right
Down - Crawl
B/Up - Jump
A - Fire
Start - Pause
D-Pad+Fire - Poke something with your stick, Lay a stick of dynamite, Fire a bullet
- Compilation with last devkitpro (and code cleaning also).
- sound with ADPCM format (rom smaller).
- Add B to jump.
- Using efs2.0, must work with all linkers now.
- DS Sleep mode management (a closed lid pauses xrickDS running).
- New design, new musics (2 musics from RICK II).
- efslib is used to avoid memory pbs.
- 4 differents menus adapted for each level.
- no more infinite dynamite/munition.
- CHEAT mode available like in the AMIGA version (you must find it).
- comic book available (replace palette modification).
- new end screens from Lobo.
- No more load/save state, too much buggy.
- Initial release.
CODE: Alekmaul, GPF and BigOrno for the original release of xrick.
GFX: zeblackos, Lobo, Alekmaul and BigOrno for the original release of xrick.
SOUND: Music and sounds ripped by AlcatraZ or from website.
Thanks to GPF for the first DS adaptation of xrick.
Thanks to Kukulcan for testings.