From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Wolfenstein 3D is the port of Wolfenstein 3D on NDS.
- Native 256×192 display for menus and in-game
- Scales to 320×200 when a larger image needs to be displayed
- Framerate improved to > 30fps
- Colour correction is done properly
- Put your data files in /data/wolf3d, it doesnÂ’t matter where you put the executables though.
- DLDI Patch for your device if you need to.
- And finally, the zip file you'll be downloading below contains 4 NDS binaries:
wolf3d-ds_sdm.nds : Spear of Destiny demo wolf3d-ds_sod.nds: Spear of Destiny registered wolf3d-ds_wl1.nds: Wolfenstein 3D shareware wolf3d-ds_wl6.nds: Wolfenstein 3D registered
Another way of looking at it is the _xxx binary goes with the extension of your data files.
D-pad - move forward, back, left, right
L and R - strafe left and right
A - fire
B - use
Y - run
X - change weapon
Start - pause
Select - back to menu
A - menu OK/Y
B - menu cancel/N
No left handed mode yet
On screen keyboard does not allow capital letters for some reason
Demos do not play properly
Tested on: ITouch DS Flashcard with firmware 3.2b
- Flashcard TTDS / DSTT with firmware 1.17
- R4DS flashcard with firmware 1.19
- Flashcard Acekard 2i with firmware 4.17
1.2 added prebuilt kernal
1.0 initial release
DSx86 : Patric Alto
compiled by: science1matthew