unxds is a port of the Unx virtual machine to the 3DS. Uxn is a portable 8-bit virtual computer inspired by forth-machines, capable of running simple tools and games programmable in its own assembly language.
This emulator allows you run to your uxn projects on the 3DS, it can also be used for developers who want to learn how to program little 8-bit things.
There are three binaries provided:
- uxn3ds.3dsx - Faster, but best used only with known-good software,
- uxn3ds_debug.3dsx - Slower, but provides debugging information, profiling information and performs CPU stack bounds checks.
By default, uxnds will run /uxn/boot.rom.
Note: When using a real DS/DSi/3DS console, it is recommended to launch this program via nds-hb-menu - though, as it currently doesn't use argc/argv, it doesn't really change much.
On start, a keyboard is presented on the bottom screen, and the uxn display is on the top screen.
- Uxn Roms (repo) - Uxn roms by Rekka Bellum and Devine Lu Linvega.
- Uxn Demos - List of demos by Bruno Garcia.
- Unx tutorial - Unx programming guide.
L/R - Swap top and bottom screens
Touchscreen - Mouse input
Noodle - Magic Brush (Devine Lu Linvega)
Works on DS, DSi and 3DS.
v0.1.1-3ds (proof of concept)
- CPU core update (incl. performance improvements).