From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Pipe Nightmare is a recreation of PipeDream for the NDS. Some features created in this version are the ability for the flow of water to split and be joined, rocks as an obstacles that prevent the pipes to be placed, dynamite to blow up rocks and land if missused. For developers, it shows the blending of 2 backgrounds to allow transparency.
It was submitted to the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2007.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it if needed (if your card does not have auto-patching) and copy it to the root directory of the card.
The objective of the game is to create a continuous connection of pipes as long as you possibly can without the water escaping.
- Contains only the pipes from the original game (based off of NES version).
- Pipes include straight, elbow, crossover, fat pipe, multipliers, oneways,start, end, and tunnels.
- This version has extended features such as:
- T splits and Cross splits to increase and multiply the flow of water.
- Thin and squiggly pipes for style effects.
- Holes and rocks to stop you from laying down pipe.
- Dynamite to blow up rocks, pipes and landscapes.
- Mode A - Pick your level and speed. You get 3 lives. To get to the next level, make sure you meet the required distance of pipes, otherwise you lose a heart.
- Mode B - Start at level 1 and speed 1, with 3 lives, and see how far you can get before you lose.
- Mode C - One time play, pick your level and speed, get the highest score you can on that level.
- Level - Choose your level of difficulty to start at.
- Speed - Choose the starting speed of the flow of water.
- Every new drop = 10+speed.
- Thin Pipes = drop+3.
- Squiggly = drop+6.
- CrossSplit = (drop+3)*3.
- TSplit = (drop + 2)*2.
- 2Xspeed = (drop*2).
- CrissCross = drop+(5*#CrissCross).
- End Pipe = score*2.
- Replaceing pipe = -50.
- Pipes left over = -100.
D-Pad - Move, Change options
Start - Start the game
Stylus - Place pipes on board (if there is a pipe underneath, the pipe on the board gets destroyed and -50 points)
A - Increases the flow of water
- Dynamite has explosion animation.