From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
POWDER is a homebrew roguelike role-playing game (RPG) for the Nintendo DS.
Window version, Mac version, gameboy advance version and Linux version are available.
- Download .ds.gba or .nds file depend on your solution
- POWDER supports DLDI so you can, if needed, patch it to support saving. During start up it prints out if it found a FAT filesystem - if it found one saving should work. If it doesn't find one, saved games will not survive a power cycle.
- Copy it to your card
All auxillary files are saved and read from /DATA/POWDER, regardless of where POWDER itself is copied onto your flash drive. That directory will be created if it doesn't exist. If it fails to create, it will default to using the current directory of POWDER.
Descend into the depths of the dungeon until you reach the foul daemon known as "He who the author cannot spell consistently", or, Baezl'bub. When you have slain Baezl'bub in heroic combat, or, if Baezl'bub dies in any way, retrieve his black heart and bring it to the surface world.
Explore endless labyrinths crawling with unimaginable evils and brimming with magnificent treasure. No two visits to the underworld are ever the same, as the dungeon layouts change every time you plumb the depths.
Game Guide can be found here.
Stylus - movement, (icon) activate function
A - (menu) functions
B - (menu) exit
Tested on: Flashcard M3 Real with firmware 4.2c
- Flashcard TTDS with Firmware 1.17
- MSVC Express Edition 2008 project files and instructions added, created by Andreas Bohm.
- Tower shields are large. (Claudio)
- "You cannot hide from I!" is now "You cannot hide from Me!" (B. Perry)
- Looking at a square will also describe any smoke there.
- The dig spell now has the side effect of spraying the excavated rock shards, damaging those around you.
- Create Pit spell is now 10 MP rather than 15.
- Blizzards fill the air with sleet and snow, not sleet and slow. Though the latter does describe their special effect nicely.
- New spell: Sandstorm
- If a god decides to flamestrike you, you now get a few turns warning to prepare yourself.
- Monsters properly check safety of squares before stepping on them.
- If trapped inside a wall without Phase or Breathess, you will suffocate. (Strange Child, Julian Agloro)
- Helmets should be sorted together now. (Aapo)
- Empty bottles will be filled by down pour now. (Aapo)
- Entomb has a better message when blocked. (Aapo)
- Rocks are created when rocks fall on your head. (Aapo)
- Spells you can't cast have (!) after them in the zap list (Aapo)
- Saving when out of disk space should no longer corrupt your last save game. (Aapo)
- Tossing an item hand to hand no longer takes a turn. (Aapo)
- Spears, knives, and daggers no longer let you equip stacks. (Aapo)
- You are only prompted to throw one spear of a stack. (Aapo)
- The animate forest spell now has its own icon.
Bug Reporters: R. Alan Monroe, Gottardo Zancani (Zak), James Parker, Ben Shadwick, Lauri Vallo, Casey Robinson, Janne Joensuu, Stu, Igor D. WonderLlama, Victor Rehorst, copx, Florian 'The Outrider' Piesche, Andrew Walker, Kelly Bailey, Bill (hotpoo), Carsten Brockmann, Alexander (Monsterz), PBP, Jorge Gonzalez, Brandon Mullins, Lars Radmacher, Cheese Lottery, Andrew Poandl, Syrra, Erik Piper, David Damerell, Clare Boothby, Elias Erkamo, Guy Banay, Arthur Littlefield, James (darkspoon), Mark Ehlke, Elias Erkamo, Yann Vernier, Fancy Carrot, Richard Quirk, eter Biocini, Akoi Meexx, David Hong, Martin Read, JCM, Brendan, Ben Hjelt, Grothias, Kaddar, John Overmars, Ciaran Walsh, Michal Bielinski, Kantaphon Tongmee, Rachel Elizabeth Dillon, Matthew Rollins, Rapacity, Nick Sabo, Markus Maier, Tomo, Matt, TemporalParadox, wing, Michael Brough, Deozaan, elcugo, Zappa Penguin, Colin Pritchard, sparrohawc, Zach Firth, R. Dan Henry, Xaintrix, stabwound, Oohara Yuuma, Eilu, Robert, Iain McCord, Mark Rushakoff, Korgoth, Malte Helmert, The Rani, Peter Roozemaal, Robert Hamaker, FEG, Bridget Farace, David R. Schultz, Tobias Pierce, Vladimir Stalin, Narius Varigor, jockmo 42, Cuboidz, Meddyan, Stefan O'Rear, Pikadude No. 1, Teun Peelen, Roger Bolton, Mikko Karttunen, SparroHawc, Ambvai, Erik Spigel, Joe B, Strange Child, Kayvon, Stefan O'Rear, Gwazi01, Will Weinzettl, Johaan Strojandogg, Nicholas Young, Lawrence T. Levine, Garron Bailey, Michal Skrzypek, Garron, Eris Discordia, Nathan Bogue, Inu, Kender, Mental Mouse, Patrick Don't have one, Matt_S, Sam Spencer, Alex Marsh, Robert Barber, Mattock, Lorenzo Batallones, Konstantin Stupnik, Paul Nguyen, sulai, Claudio, B. Perry, Julian Agloro, Aapo Rantalainen, Paul Strickland, Michael Gindt, Mike Ratzlaff, Gurkan Sengun, Don Collins.
Patch Writers:Richard Quirk, Ciaran Walsh, Marvin Sanchez, Oohara Yuuma, Peter Roozemaal,Derek S. Ray, David Parker, Ilya Kasnacheev, Andreas Bohm, Zasenko Sergey, Joe Buck, Michael Sterrett, Matthew Wyatt.
Tileset Artists:Adam Bolt, Akoi Meexx, Andrea Menga, Zak, Kelly Bailey, Markus Maier, Ibson the Grey, Chris Lomaka.