From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe DS|
Port of OpenTTD, an improved version simulation game of the original Transport Tycoon, created by Chris Sawyer in the 90s.
Assume the role of a tycoon transport systems for people and goods.
The system adapts the port windows/ menus typical of the franchise, the characteristics of the NDS, for example to select an icon, building or any other action game using the stylus, the mapping is shown on both screens.
D-pad - move on stage
L - alternate screens
R - close all windows
A - debug displays
B - report memory status
Stylus - selection, execution
Random crashes when the game runs out of memory.
Graphical glitches (mostly during scrolling) because the nds blitter needs to be rewritten. Minimap glitches.
Trying to create maps bigger than 256x128 crashes.
The screen resolution is too small making it impossible to click some windows.
- Based on r12452 (internal rev1926)
- The NDS port now has a different toolbar, more suitable for the small screen *For better access with the touchscreen the toolbars have been moved to the bottom screen
- A fully customizable on-screen keyboard has been added (click on a text field to open it)
- A newsticker display on the lower screen has been added
- Some windows have been adapted for the NDS screen (more will follow in future releases):
- intro menu
- game creation menu
- build vehicle window
- When building depots and stations only one preview image is shown which you can rotate by clicking on it
- Information regarding accepted cargo when building a station is displayed as icons now
- Switching screens (left shoulder button L) now only switches the windows
- Many windows (e.g. confirmation dialogs) are now centered on the bottom screen the amount of free ram (in kb) is displayed in the middle of the status bar. This is only a temporary change to help with tracking down a memory leak
- Additionally you can view some memory information by pressing the B button
- Always use new global pathfinder (NPF). the original TTD pathfinder crashes due to too many recursions
- Fixed loading screen glitch