Oh Mummy Evolution
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Oh Mummy Evolution|
Oh Mummy Evolution is a remake of a classic Amstrad game originally by Amsoft called Oh Mummy. It follows a maze style game play. Oh Mummy Evolution features extra features such as new gameplay features and new graphics.
It was created in conjunction with the dev-fr.org coding competition 2007 in which coders were to create a game following the theme of evolution, it was ranked 10th in the Game section. OME follows the evolution of videogames in graphical form as well as adding an evolved gameplay system over the original game.
OME was then submitted the NEO Summer Coding Compo 2007, with improvments included saving support, online high score tables and improved graphics, all held together with numerous bug fixes.
- Touch screen controls.
- DLDI support (option saving, game suspend feature).
- Internet highscores.
- Improved graphics.
- New game play.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it if needed (if your card does not have auto-patching) and copy it to the root directory of the card.
The objective is to uncover artifacts and treasures while avoiding the enemy mummy.
- Scrolls - Can be used to destroy mummys for points. Once a scroll has been collected, contact with a mummy will start touch control.
- Hourglasses - Will increase your time meter. Every 5th level the tides are turned and you can user your collected time to attack the mummies, once you run out of time you are vunerable again.
- Keys - Collect them to move onto the next room.
Draw the characters on the bottom screen to expel the dangerous bad guys. One mummy is hiding in a block every level, try not to reveal it.
L+R - Special ability to stop them in their tracks (takes time to charge)
- DLDI support So pre-patch.
- Internet Leaderboards, now it's global.
- New graphics.
- Options menu.
- Ability to save progress.
- Mummy Freeze added (L+R together to freeze mummies).
- Better high score table.
- Graphical bug fixes.
- Slightly improved sound.
- Other bug fixes.
- OMG, OME is final.
- Added sound.
- Added high score.
- No DLDI still.
Public beta 1
- None Public.
- None public.
- In house, not documented.
Crass, Retrohead, Neo Flash, Mollusk, Nintendo.
Special thanks to: Steven Orr, Everyone @ www.alltheusualsuspects.co.uk