Net 3DS Soundtrack Converter 3DS
|Net 3DS Soundtrack Converter|
|Version||1.0.3 & 1.1.1 source|
|1.0.3 / 1.1.1 Download|
.Net 3DS Soundtrack Converter is a tool that can convert the game files of a 3DS game into an MP3 soundtrack.
How to use
Usage: SoundtrackConsole.exe <Source> <SoundtrackDefinition> <OutputDirectory>
- Source can be either a directory containing the raw files of a 3DS ROM, or a compatible decrypted 3DS ROM.
- SoundtrackDefinition is the path to the soundtrack definition file.
- OutputDirectory is where the soundtrack files will be generated.
In order to use this, you'll need some sort of definition of the soundtrack. You will find some sample definitions for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity and Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. The only current limitation is that VGM Stream must be able to play the raw files (which means definitions can be made for Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon).
Creating New Soundtrack Definitions
A soundtrack definition file is a text file structured as follows. Comments are not allowed in the actual file, but will be added below using the
system=3DS #System of the game this is for gameid=00040000000(BA8|BA9|950)00 #Regular expression matching the game ID of the game this is for. album=Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity artist=Spike Chunsoft year=2013 path=romfs/sound/stream #The directory the raw files are stored in extension=bcstm #The file extension of the raw files end #marks the end of the header BGM_SYS_MENU=001 Main Menu #Converts `romfs/sound/stream/BGM_SYS_MENU.bcstm` to `001 Main Menu.mp3` #Add more lines like the above
Adding New Soundtrack Definitions
While soundtrack definitions can be supplied externally, automatic selection is currently only available for internal definitions. Steps to add a soundtrack definition to the program:
- Add the soundtrack definition file to DotNet3dsSoundtrackConverter/Soundtracks/[culture]/
- Add the soundtrack definition file to the appropriate SoundtrackDefinitions.resx file corresponding to the culture used in the previous step. The default culture is en-US.
- Add the soundtrack definition to
DefinitionSelector.Soundtracksas shown in
Assuming the soundtrack definition is properly formatted, once the above steps are completed the soundtrack definition can then be used with auto-detecting conversion methods.
v1.1.1 (source only)
- Fixed soundtrack definition detection when source is not supported.
v1.1.0 (source only)
- Improved test.
- Adds better compatibility with Sky Editor and plugins, but requires the presence of an additional DLL.
- This is a re-release of 1.0.0 with an updated package, allowing a proper nuget package to be created.
- Initial release.
- All the people who are credited on the .Net 3DS Toolkit.
- kode54 for vgmstream.
- AydinAdn for MediaToolkit (forked to allow asynchronous processing).
- IC#Code for SharpZipLib.