From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|This application has been obsoleted by one or more applications that serve the same purpose, but are more stable or maintained.|
|Licks Media Player|
|Author(s)||Lucas (originally by Lick)|
|Licence||GPL (open source)|
LMP-ng is a music player for the Nintendo DS which looks just like Apple iPod of the extreme popularity according to the appearance; (for exclusive use of the music). It is compiled with DLDI libfat support.
- Playlists .m3u
- Download and extract file
- Create folder name it "lmp-ng" on microsd
- Extract zip files to "lmp-ng" folder in microsd
- open "lmp-ng" folder in microsd and delete "lmp-ng-2-alpha.ds.gba"
- Again do not add other files on "lmp-ng" folder, do not rename the folder and other files either. Putting the two versions of lmp-ng on the lmp-ng folder will mess things up.
- In the end the microsd "lmp-ng" folder must have this inside:
- folder named "skins" with two zips named alternative and default
- lmp-ng-2-alpha.nds file
MP3 files can be located anywhere on your memory card and LMP-ng will find them. This is included with acekard 2 firmware so no need to download if you have acekard 2.Use fingers or touch pen is for the most part self explanatory.
To add skins go to http://dilldoe.org/NDS/
- Pick a skin on the list under skins, click on it and it will preview it on the ds
- scroll down, click download
- Put zip file on the "skins" folder inside the "lmp-ng" folder in the microsd
- mp3 playback
- ogg playback
- wav playback
Stylus - part of the control
- spinning in a circle - adjust volume
- tap middle - navigate song mode
R/L - volume up/down
Right or R/L (hold) - navigate song
A - next song
Y - previous song
B - pause
Left or X - menu
Select - lock the keys during play back
Start - display messages
Version 1.02 03/03/2010
- Resume the project with the permission of Lick. Much more stable.