Game Melody Oratorio
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Game Melody Oratorio Volume Two|
Game Melody Oratorio Volume Two is a DS homebrew game that teaches simple game melodies via a virtual piano.
Learn something fun and useful in the real world! Volume Two features melodies from Outrun (Sega), Duck Tales (Capcom), Dr. Mario (Nintendo), Super Castlevania VI (Konami), Streets of Rage 2 (Sega), Double Dragon (Technos), Metal Gear Solid (Konami), Final Fantasy VII (Square), Leisure Suit Larry (Sierra On-Line) and Halo (Microsoft).
Game Melody Oratorio (Vol. 1) received the 4th placing in the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2008. It was voted the 19th Top DS homebrew in the 2009 best DS homebrew contest.
- Ten new melodies: Outrun (Sega), Duck Tales (Capcom), Dr. Mario (Nintendo), Super Castlevania VI (Konami), Streets of Rage 2 (Sega), Double Dragon (Technos), Metal Gear Solid (Konami), Final Fantasy VII (Square), Leisure Suit Larry (Sierra On-Line) and Halo (Microsoft).
- A extra key on the piano (C3).
- New Practice stage (Stage 4 - hidden notes).
- New game mode (Recital Challenge).
- Preview the melody on the melody select screen.
- Improved flash cart support.
It requires a Nintendo DS/Lite and a flash cart.
This game allows you to save your progress via DLDI. On first play, the game will create the save file gmo2_sav.sav on your flash cart.
If you find that saving does not work, please try manually patching the game with the appropriate DLDI patch for your flash cart.
Note: If all else fails you can still play the game using the option Continue Without Saving on the initial menu.
Only tested on R4 Revolution. Runs in DeSmuME emulator but does not support saving (see below).
Saving does not work in DeSmuME (as of 2008/03). May work in other emus (No$GBA, IDeaS), but haven't tried.
DS Nicknames that use non-Roman characters (such as Japanese kana) will be displayed incorrectly in Recital mode and Report Card.
No sleep mode.
- Initial Release.