Final Burn Consoles Xbox
|Final Burn Consoles Xbox|
|Author||+ T +|
Final Burn Consoles 1.2
- Added the following NeoGeo CD conversion sets: Top Player's Golf Sengoku / Sengoku Denshou Ghost Pilots Puzzled / Joy Joy Kid 2020 Super Baseball Street Hoop / Street Slam / Dunk Dream Puzzle Bobble / Bust-A-Move (Neo-Geo) Idol Mahjong - final romance 2 Zintrick / Oshidashi Zentrix Last Hope
- Added unreleased Neo Geo games that have AES specific options and/or modes.
- Updated sets and names.
- Added alpha transparency to previews.
- Fixed General Options menu.
- Fixed Ironclad default BIOS setting.
Final Burn Consoles 1.1
- Fixed 2 CPS Changer games appearing in Neo Geo list.
- Updated AES and CPS set names in line with MESS.
- Removed shocktro (was never released as an AES cartridge)
- Added the following CPS Changer sets: Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Publicity US 950727) Street Fighter Zero (Brazil 950727)
Final Burn Consoles 1.0
This was originally going to be something I put together just for my own use but as others expressed interest in the idea I decided to release it. Final Burn Consoles is a build of Final Burn Legends that contains only drivers for the home console systems currently supported by FBA; the Sega Genesis, the Neo Geo AES console, and the Capcom CPS Changer. FBC is also optimised to provide as authentic a recreation as possible of playing games on these systems. Please see the FAQs below for more information.
+ T +
Sega Genesis Features:
- Genesis driver based on PicoDrive.
- Restored all Genesis games that were removed in FBL1.4 and many more from the HazeMD set have been added.
- Super Bubble Bobble added and working.
Neo Geo features:
- Runs in console mode only giving access to AES-specific features in many games (vs. mode, training mode, options etc.).
- Japan AES bios or Universe bios are also selectable.
- Select button mapped to Xbox Back. (Pauses game)
- ROMset consists only of games that were officially released as AES cartridges and, where possible, AES cartridge ROMs are used.
CPS Changer features:
- Supports both available CPS Changer ROMsets (sfzch, wofch). For the other 10 released games CPS1 sets in freeplay mode have been used until genuine CPS Changer dumps become available.
- Pause button mapped to Xbox Back in Street Fighter Zero.
Question: What's the point of this? Can't I just do the same thing by playing with settings in FBL?
Answer: Yes. But this is for people that like the idea of having a separate emulator for the home console variants of these systems.
Question: How is the Genesis driver better than NeoGenesis?
Answer: It isn't. Although it probably runs some pirate cartridges that Neogenesis doesn't and I'm told the scanline filter is better.
Question: Why don't my FBL ROMs work?
Answer: Because FBC uses console ROM dumps where possible. These can be built from a full FBL set. Check the DATs provided in the tools\ folder.
Question: Why are some Neo Geo games missing?
Answer: Because not all Neo Geo MVS arcade games were released as AES home console cartridges.
Question: CPS Ch... Wha?!
Answer: The CPS Changer was Capcom's answer to the home Neo Geo. It played specially modified CPS1 cartridges of which only 12 were ever released. Use Google, there's a lot of good info available on this rare system.
Question: Why use only one emulator? Why not just take a bunch of existing Xbox emulators and patch them into the FBL UI?
Answer: Don't be stupid.