From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
This is an alternative version by Sektor of Dopefish's modified version of Sektor's dualHexen, a dual-screen port of Hexen to the Nintendo DS. Not tested but should be Sudokuhax/iEvo DSi mode compatible.
It was entered into the 2009 best DS homebrew contest.
- Download and extract hexenDS.nds to the apps folder of your card
- DIDL patch it (if you have a GBAMP, M3CF, SCCF, SCSD or DS-X then you don't need to use the DLDI patch) and put it in your card
- Copy the legaly owned copy of HEXE.WAD(19MB+) to the root of your card
- Start DualHexen from your Apps menu
- It should say "LOADING". There is no progress bar.
D-pad - turn and move
Touch screen - look up and down
A - fires
Y - jumps
L - cycles through inventory
R - cycles through weapons
X - uses objects (doors, switches)
X + D-pad - strafe
B - uses the selected inventory item
Select - automap
Start - pauses and displays options menu
X+Up/Down on Dpad - flies up/down while in fly mode
Saving and loading don't work.
- For now, use the level warp option in "ds" section of the main menu.
- Selecting quit should now return to hbmenu compatible loaders Not tested but should be Sudokuhax/iEvo DSi mode compatible There are still many Z_Malloc memory errors (need to reduce memory usage)
Originally ported Hexen on DS by Rich Whitehouse.
A modified version of DualHexen - created by VespeneGas.