From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DsDsRevolution is a Dance Dance Revolution-type game for the Nintendo DS. It is only available in the Japanese language. What's neat about this homebrew game is that you can create your own songs with StepMania Tools.
In DsDsRevolution, players press the buttons in sync with the arrows that are shown on the screen according to the rhythm.
- A stepmania clone for NDS
- Uses stepmania data files(sm files) and mp3 source files
- Ogg files will need to be converted to mp3 before use (source files need to be updated too)
- Only "Dance-single" mode
- Use a propper dldi patch for your card
- Put the \DsDsR\ directory in the root folder of your card. the .nds file can be anywhere.
- Songs are put in the /DsDsR/Songs directory, in the same fashion as you do with Stepmania
- For example /DsDsR/Songs/// You are free to choose and yourself
- You need atleast the .sm and .mp3 file in a directory
- Supports #BACKGROUND in the .sm file, so be sure to place the background file with the sm file if you use one. Be aware that background files has to be resized to 256*192 pixels, or there will be display errors
- There can be a maximum of 32 groups, and 32 songs per group
Song choice screen
Stylus - choose song
L/R - Scroll screen
A - choose
B - cancel
X (in song list) - choose a random song
X (on difficulty screen) - start the game without a life-meter
Y (on difficulty screen) - start the game in auto-play mode
Button config can be edited in DsDsR.ini.
Start - pauses
Start (on results screen) - back to the song list
Select - changes screen mode
- Added support for .ogg files
- cleaned up the dsdsr.nds file
- added:ogg.dsp (now plays .ogg files)
- added:failed.wav (failure)
- mine.wav (mines explosive sound)
- removed:*failed.mp3 (replaced with failed.wav)