From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DScent is a FPS port, 3D first-person shooter video game developed by Parallax Software, for the DS.
- tap screen to switch weapon
- can configure the controls
To run DScent you need the original registered Descent.
- Create a folder called dscent on the root folder of your flash card.
- Unzip the downloaded dscent binaries on your computer and DIDL patch it.
- Copy the files in to the dscent folder on the flash card.
- Copy the .HOG and .PIG files from your registered, version 1.4a or higher copy of Descent into the dscent folder on the flash card. (Ultimate Descent package: Descent I and Descent II patched for Windows worked just fine.)
Once you’ve run the game once and created a profile, you may follow the instructions in the readme.txt file found in the dscent archive to customize your HUD
Q:fatInitDefault () failed
- You need to patch that .nds file with DLDI. Follow the DLDI patching instructions.
Q:Error: Cannot open file DESCENT.TEX or DESCENT.TXB
- You need to put the .HOG and .PIG files from the registered, patched to at least 1.4a version of Descent. They need to be in the root folder of your flash card or in a folder called dscent in the root directory.
Q:Error: Not enough strings in text file - expecting 621, found 514 You most likely do not have the proper version of the data files You need atleast v1.4a REGISTERED
- May get this message by using the demo version of the .PIG and .HOG files. Get the registered full version.
- quick bug fix that should hopefully prevent the media corruption people have been reporting. It should also fix the bug reported by Brian (thanks for the crash dump).