From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DSCompress is a GZip and Info-Zip front end for the Nintendo DS. It uses libfat so it should be compatible with any card that has a DLDI driver.
- Download and extract file
- DLDI patch .nds file and copy it to the root directory of the card
This program is quite useful when on the move to decompass rom on the card.
D-pad - browse files
A - compress any file/ unzip files Gz
B - go up a directory
About the compression time: The Nintendo DS's ARM9 runs at about 60Mhz. The Nintendo DS has 4Mb of RAM. Because of this, compression and decompression of large files is slow.
Tested on: Flashcard iPlayer with firmware O.S. 1.3 V. 1.0.7
- Flashcard DSTT / TTDS with Firmware 1.17a12
Version 1.3 08-11-2007
- Added support for unzipping .zip files
- Added scrolling support (hold up or down to scroll)
- Fixed multiple directory problem
- Updated uncompress function to correctly report errors.
- Rebuilt using never zlib, fixes problems decompressing from external programs