From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DSCompress is a GZip utility for the Nintendo DS. it can unzip zip files and GZip files. It uses libfat so it should be compatible with any card that has a DLDI driver.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch .nds file and copy it to the root directory of the card.
Select a file in the browser and choose to compress or decompress it.
D-Pad - Browse files
A - Compress any file, Unzip files
B - Go up a directory
About the compression time: The Nintendo DS's ARM9 runs at about 60Mhz. The Nintendo DS has 4Mb of RAM. Because of this, compression and decompression of large files is slow.
iPlayer (OS.1.3 firmware 1.0.7)
DSTT/TTDS (firmware 1.17a12)
- Added support for unzipping .zip files.
- Added scrolling support (hold up or down to scroll).
- Fixed multiple directory problem.
- Updated uncompress function to correctly report errors.
- Rebuilt using never zlib, fixes problems decompressing from external programs.
- Author's website - http://www.voidptr.org/?page_id=25