From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Boondoggle is a collection of word games with a complete English dictionary, user profiles, achievements as well as an original soundtrack.
It is an entry of GBAtemp Homebrew Bounty 2011.
- Three unique game modes with three variations each.
- Complete English dictionary of over 180,000 words.
- User profiles and achievements.
- Stores your best words as well as high scores for each game mode.
- Original score with over 10 songs.
Download and extract file.
DLDI .nds file and copy it with folder /boondoggle/ to the root directory of the card.
Exploggle (the bottom game) is not yet implemented.
Sound occasionally begins playing static and strange noises.
Scores do not include their multiplier on the Rhythmoggle results screen.
- Added visualizations to Rhythmoggle mode.
- Fixed some small bugs.
- Minor optimizations.
- Overhauled dictionary streaming engine (much faster word checking in Rhythmoggle).
- Streams the index into memory during the splash screen and title screen.
- May require a small one-time loadscreen when you select a game (depends on whether the index is loaded by that time).
- Push the d-pad while making fireworks on the loadscreen for a bit of fun.
- After the initial load, everything loads much more quickly.
- Added some graphical pizazz to tapping tiles in Rhythmoggle.
- Fixed some graphical corruption on Rhythmoggle results screen.
- Fixed cyan pop-up during loading.
- Added help screen to Rhythmoggle pause screen.
- First release.