AnonymousTipsters RAR ZIP PSP
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|AnonymousTipsters RAR ZIP|
|Version||0.3 (12 Jun 2006)|
AnonymousTipster's RAR/ZIP Plugin can extract RAR and ZIP files using PSP, with added support for passworded archives.
Although named as plugin, it is actually a full Eboot that can be ran straight from the GAME menu and it was originally designed for IRShell.
- Supports decompression of ZIP and RAR files (even with password).
- View the content of the compressed files.
- Extract them individually without using a computer.
For 2.0+ or Standalone:
Install as regular application. Copy the folder to /PSP/GAME150/ as this is a 1.50 homebrew.
For 1.5 or iRShell:
Go into zipplugin folder and copy OSKGraphics folder and Eboot into X:/IRSHELL/EXTAPP/APP4/ and X:/IRSHELL/EXTAPP/APP5/.
Boot iRShell and configure the settings so that zip are associated with APP4 and rar are associated with APP5.
You will first need to enter the name and path of the ZIP file in the first option.
Then select the extraction folder (password box is an optional feature).
You can also browse the ZIPRAR content, as well as extract files individually.
Cross - Extract file (within the same folder)
Circle - Extract file (in a specified folder)
L/R-Trigger - Switch from ZIP to RAR mode or vice versa
Analog - Navigation
Square/Triangle/Circle/Cross - Select the corresponding letter
R - Access alternate key layout (capital letters, symbols, etc)
L - Switch between number layout and original layout
This homebrew will not work on the PSP Slim due to the lack of the 1.50 kernel.
- Supports rar files even with password.
- Directory explorer, square click on: ZIP/RAR file: or Extract To:.
- Author's website, http://www.anonymoustipster.com
- QuickJump, http://forums.qj.net/psp-development-forum/54229-tipster-unzip-unrar-utility-0-3-now-rar-support.html (archived)