From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Yam (French) is a remake of the dice game Yam (also known as Yams and Yathzee) for the NDS, it can be played up to 4 players on the same console.
How to play
Each player has a maximum of 3 throws for each turn and must fill in any of the following combinations for each turn. The player has the highest points wins the game.
In the upper section:
- One - Sum of all aces with a minimum of 3 aces.
- Two - Sum of both with a minimum of 3 twos.
- Three - Sum of all three with a minimum of 3 threes.
- Four - Sum of all four with a minimum of 3 fours.
- Five - Sum of all five with a minimum of 3 fives.
- Six - Sum of all six with a minimum of 3 sixes.
- Bonus - 35 points if the Sub-Total of this first part is> = 63.
In the lower section:
- Three-of-a-kind - 20 points if 3 identical dice.
- Full - 25 points if 3 identical dice + 2 identical dice.
- Small Straight - 30 points if you have 1+2+3+4 or 2+3+4+5 or 3+4+5+6.
- Large Straight - 35 points if we have the dice 1+2+3+4+5 or 2+3+4+5+6.
- Square - 40 points if 4 identical dice.
- Yam - 50 points if 5 identical dice.
- Chance - Sum of all the dice.
- Added a dice sound.
- Added music.
- Added Mask of dice to roll.
- Added in the options, the ability to choose the music.
- Added a cross (top right during a game) to quit the current game.
- Added an arrow to the left in front of the name when choosing points on the grid.
- Added an automatic selection of the grid on the last game turn.
- Added a display of HighScores at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug on the sorting of HighScores during one game to several.
- Change the keyboard to green.
- Fixed display bugs on the buttons, in some cases, pink dots were still visible.
- Added some sounds and two music.
- Added options to turn off the music and/or sound.
- Added save options.
- Added Backspace in the Number of players menu.
- Added 1 second pause after choice of points (before the switch of the 2 screens)
- Fixed small glitches buttons.
- Added a loading window.
- Added a main menu.
- Added help.
- Added High Scores (Top 5) with save to file.
- Fixed small display bugs.
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of points. The bonus was not carried over to the total.