From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Wii FlashToolz is a Windows program that reads/writes boot blocks and Bootmii keys to and from a Wii backup (nand.bin) file. This program is currently capable of detecting all boot1 and boot2 versions, boot2 Bootmii compatibility, factory bad blocks, hmac-key, and nand-key. This is a must have tool for anyone needing to flash their Wii or use Betwiin to convert a NAND.
This tool makes changes to your NAND. If you're using this tool, it's likely your Wii is already bricked however I take no responsibility for the improper use of this program. If you don't fully understand the functions of this tool, you should not continue.
Compatible Input File Types
- Boomii backup (nand.bin)
- Raw NAND dump (.bin extension only)
- Boot Blocks (blocks 0 - 7)
- Bootmii keys (keys.bin)
- Read/detect input file type: Full NAND, NAND + Keys, Boot Blocks
- Compare Files - This function compares the source NAND to a second file.
- Compare Boot - Function under construction ATM. This feature will be included in next release.
- Detect Boot Versions - The Boot1 and Boot2 Versions are automatically detected when the source file is loaded.
- Read Bad Blocks - The blocks listed are factory bad blocks on the NAND.
- Read Keys - If keys are attached to source file, hmac & nand keys will populate.
- Extract Boot Blocks - Extracts blocks 0-7 and saves them to a specified file on your computer.
- Install Boot Blocks - Installs blocks 0-7 to the loaded source file.
- Append Keys - Adds bootmii keys to end of source file.
- Extract Keys - Extracts keys from source file and saves them to a specified file on your computer.
If you notice any bugs or issues with this program, please report them to [email protected] I'm also happy to entertain your suggestions to improve this tool!