From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Contributor||[[User:TiMeBoMb and knarrff]]|
WiiRadio is a SHOUTcast stream player. It can read from thousands of Internet radio streams and play them back on the Wii.
05/02/2011 - Version 0.7 Released!
06/29/2010 - Version 0.6 Released!
03/11/2010 - Version 0.5 Released!
07/12/2009 - Version 0.4 Released!
05/16/2009 - Version 0.3 Released!
03/15/2009 - Version 0.2 Released!
Installing The Application
Copy the "radiow" directory to your SD or USB Drive under /apps
NOTE: DO NOT rename "radiow" directory.
Tested on PAL 3.2 - works fine.
Tested on NTSC 3.3v2, 4.0 - works great!
Copy the playlist file to "/apps/radiow/pls" on your SD card. Saving playlists from WiiRadio will create a *.pls file under "/apps/radiow/pls". Pressing the "+" button will add the playing station to the Playlists.
Make sure you're getting a decent wireless connection on your Wii for better performance.
Free Space Requirements
WiiRadio requires free space on the SD card for caching stations and playlists. 10MB free recommended.
Needs to be updated
I've also released a Windows version of WiiRaio to aid in skinning. you can find it here http://wiiradio.googlecode.com/files/windows_v4.something.zip. Help with compiling a linux version can be provided upon request (ask knarrff). Please do not report bugs against this as it's just a tool.
0.7 - Will save music to SD:\apps\radiow\wr_music_rip. There is currently no option to change this!!!
0.7 - This is not a full port (yet) of ProjectM, textured visuals are not supported and some of the filtering is also incorrect.
0.7 - This only works on local files if the file has an APIC or the album art is located in the folder.
0.7 - Only the new WRBlue skin allows you to select local playback. The older skins will be updated in time but still work well if you just want stream playback.
- Stream searching is now working again
- Stream ripping
- Basic local playback (SD/USB) of mp3 files ** Currently only FAT partitions
- Album Art if the local file has it
- Clean up of visuals and a new mix mode
- ProjectM Visuals
- New skin and skin design allowing lua scripting
- And more ….
- More Visuals
- Added Icecast Support
- Search on stations
- Connection to a stream address
- Booting from USB support
- Widescreen setting
- Added ability for user to select visual mix mode or single mode
- Bug Fixes
- Genre Searching
- New visual system
- Bug Fixes
- Added support for M3U files/format
- Added three more visuals
- Dynamic buffering based on stream bitrate
- Added a couple of options (more will come)
- Mute Icon for mute state
- Added stream information screen press button Template:Wiimote1Button
- Ton of bug fixes
- Whole new GUI thanks to TiMeBoMb
- Added a visualizer and black screen that acts as a burn reducer
- Loading streams from a playlist have been changed and bugs fixed
- Added a playlist delete option
- Hovering over stations or playlists now scroll giving you all the information
- Added Volume controls
- Added dynamic buffering (if your signal is weak)
- Fixed a crashing bug when parsing the ICY data
- Added more controls from the WiiMote (see above)
- Created a cache per genre so if the SHOUTcast DB does not respond you can play streams. If it does respond it will refresh your cache.
- Caches up to 1,000 stations per genre. No more waiting when you click next or previous
- Now using the new SDL port which improves the look and performance
- Text no longer uses a bitmap, it uses SDL-TTF
- Added informational pop-up's
- Lots of bug fixes
- Changed logo - (Thank You TiMeBoMb for the new logo!)
- Added support for loading Playlist files (*.pls) from the SD card
- Fixed a few minor bugs
- Increased pre-buffer size (this seems to help streaming on the Wii)
Version 0.1 (Preview version)
- First version!
Bug Reporting/Feature Requests
Please use the issue tool on Google SVN for reporting bugs or feature requests - http://code.google.com/p/wiiradio/issues/entry
Version 0.5 now contains the ability to change your language, however the current language packs are incomplete and maybe incorrect. If you'd like to help out with these please contact me.
Version 0.5 has the ability to skin WiiRadio. There are two skins by default, if you'd like to create one please see the skinning reference. Also feel free to fill in the blanks on it.
- TiMeBoMb - For all the graphics work, ideas, feedback, support and testing.
- Tantric - For SDL Wii Project. The use of libgui images.
.:: ProjectM ::.
projectM is an awesome music visualizer.
http://demo-effects.sourceforge.net/" (The Demo Effects Collection). I pretty much based the visualizer from these examples.
If you'd like to contribute to this project please contact Scanff