From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Licence||Not specified (open source)|
WiiMPC is a simple MPD client for the Wii.
It utilizes the WiiMote to control your music server with buttons for play/pause/stop, change song, and change volume. The screen shows the current song, song position, and volume.
Install WiiMPC like any other HomeBrew channel app; then create a file in the wiimpc directory called wiimpc.conf, with a single line in it:
MPD_HOST = mpdserver
where "mpdserver" is the hostname or IP address of the machine running MPD.
The source is available, and of course patches are welcome.
- Bug fix: Using an IP address for the MPD_HOST would not work sometimes.
- Darken instead of blank screen while exiting.
- Scrolls title if too long
- Control with any wiimote
- Prettify filename (when used as song title)
- Initial Release
- Erratic network behavior on occasion...
- Fancier graphics
- Ability to enter mpd server name (e.g., via OSK)
- Ability to clear/change/shuffle playlist (e.g., via a home-button menu)
- Show upcoming songs
- Get reasonable about the version numbering (major.minor.revision)
- Add Icecast/SHOUTcast streaming from the MPD server