Where is the Star?
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Where is the Star?|
Where is the Star? is a homebrew hidden object game for the NDS. It is the first NDS project by magicblack2009 and is written with PAlib. The game is available in two languages: English and Spanish.
It was participated in the Scenery Beta 2010.
Some flashcards might need to use hb_menu.nds to run the homebew. The hb_menu.nds is included in the download link, in the folder hbmenu.
You must search for one or more stars along the most famous monuments and landscapes in the world.
It has two game modes:
- Classic - Find a single star to go to the next level.
- Multiple - Find between two and five stars depending on the number you choose.
Both modes have three levels of difficulty:
- Easy - The star will have yellow fill.
- Normal - The star will only have an outline.
- Difficult - Now the outline of the star is dotted.
The game consists of 31 levels, each level takes place in a monument.
Stylus - Full control
Start - Pause
Select - Restart game
TTDS/DSTT (firmware 1.17)
Real M3DS (firmware 4.8)
iTouch2 (firmware 3.8)
Cyclo DS evolution (firmware 1.58)
R4 Wood (unknown firmware)
- Added time to the top right of the upper screen.
- Possibility of restarting the game by pressing Select.
- Added music.
- Credits texts changed by images.
- Fixed some errors in the texts.
- Fixed some bugs in multiple mode.
- Added English translation in the same .nds , autodetects the language of the console, and if it is not Spanish, the game starts in English.
- Image of the Eiffel Tower changed in the normal and hard levels of the multiple mode to facilitate the search for the star.
- Minor graphics improvements.
- Added hard multiple mode.
- Optimized for EFS use.
- Improved code.
- Fixed small bugs.
- Added English translation.
- Fixed a bug that caused texts to overlap in some levels.
- Improved the code to use less sprites.
- Improved the ending.
- Added three new phases.
- Added multiple mode in easy and normal.
- New difficulty mode: Hard.
- 3 Levels added.
- Fixed a bug in the credits.
- Now, to go to the next level, it is not worth dragging the stylus, you have to touch the star.
- Changed the position of the star on the Eiffel Tower, it is now visible.
Homebrew and most graphics: magicblack2009.
Thanks to 4n4bol, Draco the dragon, exterminator, DRmack and cheleon15 for their help with the code.
Thanks to www.SoundJay.com for music.