From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Waimanu Daring Slides DS|
Waimanu Daring Slides DS (also known as Waimanu DS) is a homebrew puzzle game for the Nintendo DS.
It was one of the winners in the NintendoMax 2010 DS Dev Competition.
Evil alien jellies, the Wekas, have arrived to Earth. Their plan is to colonize our planet and subdue every form of life on it. But Waimanu, despite being only a little blue penguin, will fight the Wekas for the freedom of Earth inhabitants.
Waimanu can push blocks and make them slide, and sliding blocks can squash Wekas between them. He can also destroy blocks if they cannot be pushed, for instance if they're already against to a wall or if there's another block behind them, but also Wekas can destroy blocks whenever they want, and try to reach our hero.
The field borders can be also hit by Waimanu and they will vibrate for a second, stunning each Weka that is leaning to it. A stunned Weka can be eliminated simply by touching it, but beware because they recover consciousness quite fast!
Finally, blocks containing hidden Wekas are highlighted at the beginning of each level, and they can be destroyed before they deliver the alien life form.
Each level contains a different number of blocks and a different number of Wekas, but you've got a fixed amount of seconds (75 or 50, depending on difficulty level EASY/HARD that you selected when you started the game) to eliminate them, of they'll become faster and will eventually catch you easily, or they'll try to escape before you could eliminate them all, if only one Weka is left.
D-Pad - Move character
A - Confirm (menu), Push the blocks (in game)
Start - Pause
iTouch2 (firmware 3.8f)
DSTT/TTDS (firmware 1.17a12)
R4 Ultra (firmware 1.56)
- Bonus now appear behind breaking blocks while they're still falling to pieces, so you can spot them early.
- A sound effect has been added (it was forgotten!) to notify when bonus pickup happens.
- Waimanu lives counter now correctly shows how many lives are available, even when they're more than 5.
- A little bug in the 6th level of the 4th area has been spotted and fixed.
- Removed some screen gitches while loading new levels.
- Added a blue 1st place ribbon on splash screen, since we're NintendoMax 2010 DS Dev Competition winners.