Triple Triad Pokemon Edition
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Triple-Triad-DS is a Pokemon themed version of the Final Fantasy VIII card game Triple Triad. It is made with PAlib.
- Quick game mode.
- 2 Player (on 1 DS).
Two players both start with 5 cards each. The board consists of 9 squares on a 3 by 3 grid.
Players take turns placing cards on the board in an attempt to beat their opponents card.
When the board is full the winner is the player with the most cards of their color.
Each card contains the following elements:
- Pokemon - Each card has an illustration depicting it's Pokemon.
- Numbers - Every card has 4 numbers. Each number corresponds to one of the 4 sides of the card. The numbers can be 1 to 9 or the letter A which means 10.
- Element - Some cards have an element symbol. Some rules use this symbol to strength or weakeb the card.
Players take turn placing a card on the board.
If a card is placed next to a card of the opponents color the numbers on the adjacent sides are compared.
If the newly placed card has a higher number than the adjacent card, the card is flipped over to your color.
Note: When the open rule is set all cards are delt face up, so the players can see each others cards.
Tested on emulator DeSmuME.
- Updated Tutorial.
- Added 2-player mode (2 players 1 DS).
- Can set open and element rules on the Quick Game and 2 Player mode.
- GoogleCode - https://code.google.com/archive/p/triple-triad-ds