The Living Dead
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|The Living Dead|
The Living Dead is a DS homebrew shooter game.
For the the display on the top screen:
- The top number is your cash.
- The second is wave number.
- The bottom is just the number of zombies spawned during round.
On the bottom screen:
- The top number is your clip number.
- The second is your reserves.
- The bottom is your health.
You have health packs, repair kits, frag grenades, m9, desert eagle, ak-47, mac-11, spas-12, dragunov, and rpg-7.
There are three waves, and you cannot shoot past the regular point of the Screen.
The game includes a tutorial, badges, credits, and a stage.
D-Pad or A/B/X/Y - Move
L/R - Shoot
Right character icon - Reload
Left character icon - Use knife
Warning: RPG-7 has a huge blast range; get as far away from enemies as you can go before launching because it has a bigger and higher concentrated blast range than the frag grenade.
Also, take it easy on the MAC-11 trig. When the bullets fired from it start getting really glitchy then stop firing for a few frames.
The MAC-11 is the buggiest weapon in the game so keep that in mind. If the sprites crash in the room, try purchasing a new weapon which will force a delete of the old glitchy weapon.
Also the other zombie map is not supported.
Update 2: V.1.4
- Many bug fixes. Changes to currency system and weapon system. Prices have changed, max cash is now 30,000 to avoid some glitching. Weapon balancing was done by altering fire rates, bullet speeds, and ammo amounts.
- Background music has been added to menus. There are 5 more rounds total to 15 rounds of zombie horror (good luck making it past round 9, there's a badge for you if you do ;). Pistols shooting improvements. You can now tap the fire button repeatedly to fire pistols instead of using the slower auto fire. 4 new weapons added, RPG-7 (replaces grenades). Added Ak-47, SPAS-12, and Dragunov (the more of the zombie the bullet hits, the more damage it does).