sysUpdater is a quick tool for manually updating a 3DS using CIA files.
Note: This is not intended for installing anything else! You also should strictly avoid updating single titles because this also can lead to bricks. Use at your own risk.
Install this app to your system (the 3dsx version requires extra permissions *hax alone can't provide. If possible use the CIA build).
It updates whatever NAND it is installed on. Installed on sysNAND for example it updates the build in NAND. Installed on emuNAND it updates emuNAND.
Create the dir "updates" in the root of the SD card of your 3DS.
Create update CIAs from Nintendos update server or get them from gamecards, with 3DNUS for example.
Place all the created .cia files in the update dir you created.
Start the app and follow the instructions. Downgrade means it uninstalls the title first if the installed versions are newer.
Note: Don't run this with any sort of firmware spoofing enabled like Gateway mode/rx mode/whatever or it will brick.
- Some code fixes to build with latest devkitARM/libctru.
- 3dsx works now with Luma/Rosalina.
- This version does not include memchunkhax v2 and therefore will not run with hax alone.
- Multiple fixes for downgrading by TuxSH and Steveice10.
- Included a rule to ignore file names starting with ".".
- Disabled unnecessary code (fixes building errors).
- Updated .rsf for newest makerom.
- More meaningful errors.
- More error checking.
- Fixed a few little bugs.
- Fixed 2 critical bugs from 0.4b.
- Fixes a little unimportant mistake and adds clear warnings for Gateway users.
- The .3dsx version is just for future compatibility and doesn't work with Ninjhax to date.