From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author(s)||morganDS (Morgan Robertson)|
Sudoku DS is a remake of the puzzle game Sudoku for the NDS, with the options to change the background and music.
How to play:
Fill a 9×9 grid with digits so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 sub-grids that compose the grid (also called boxes, blocks, regions or sub-squares) contains all of the digits from 1 to 9.
- Givens - Select how many numbers are given in a game.
- Freebies - Select the maximum number of freebies that can be used during a game.
- Corrector - Turn the corrector on/off. When on, you will be informed if you entered an incorrect number.
- Show/hide possibilities - This option can show you the possible entries for the currently selected space based on the numbers that you have entered into the puzzle.
- Keep score - A scoring grid will be displayed after the puzzle is completed if this option is turned on.
- Timer - Turn the timer on or off.
- Generation - Determine how puzzles will be generated.
- In seeded mode, the same puzzle will always be generated for a given seed.
- Tap the seed number on the touch screen to change the seed.
- The seed number will automatically increase by one when a puzzle is completed or if New is selected during gameplay.
Stylus - Select menu options, Enter numbers on the grid
A - Select menu options, Use a freebie
B - Back from options screen, Erase a number on the grid
D-Pad - Move cursor
Occasionally the program will freeze while trying to generate a puzzle. This happens, however, very rarely. Seeded puzzle #10 cause the program to freeze.
The sound file for Crossbones is a little fuzzy due to several files conversions and compression.
Programmed by Morgan Robertson.
Graphics by Morgan Robertson.
Music by Morgan Robertson.
Special Thanks To:
- Mollusk and everyone at PAlib for writing a great library and other resources.
- Everyone who offered help and support in the PAlib forums.
- Everyone at devkitPro.
- Friends for the support in all programming endeavors.