From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Sprite Combat is a unique implementation of Rock, Paper, Scissors on the Nintendo DS.
This game was developed with the help of DS Game Maker and uses the PAlib library.
Sprite Combat is a "Rock Paper Scissors"-like game where the user chooses an option between a Sword, Energy Ball and Shield. And then the CPU chooses an option for itself. And then a comparison is made between what overpowers what.
- Sword >> Energy
- Energy >> Shield
- Shield >> Sword
Where ">>" represents "overpowers".
Gain points if you beat the opponent, win when you gain 10 points.
Up/Down - select character, press arrow to changes
Stylus - move the main menu
Start - exit the Help menu
A - select character.
Tested on: Flashcard iPlayer OS 1.0.6 with firmware 1.2
- Sound effects
- Featuring a snick of the story mode
- The ROM name is now without the version number (saving)
- Even better fading (now even the text and sprites fade in!)
- "Press B to go back." added in many places to help users
- Refined the code a bit
- Fixed some places where the text was placed irregularly
- Added a Help doc
- Added a nice Credits doc
- Fixed bug where the scores don't reset to 0
- Records that keep track of your no. of wins and losses
- SAVING! Yes, there is saving now
- Minor Bug fixes to the text
- Score required to win reduced from 20 to 10
- New Game Icon
- Removed the white background on request
- Changed the font for better readability
- "Opponent's Score:" - "Opponent:" and "Your Score" - "You:"
- Added Fading in combat mode
- Refined Fading to give better effects
- Somewhat better animations
- Initial Release
All character sprites have been taken from www.spriters-resource.com. All other sprites are a property of WinterAce.
Game made with DS GAME MAKER with PAlib library.