From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Type||Role Playing Strategy|
Sprite Combat is a unique implementation of Rock, Paper, Scissors on the Nintendo DS.
This game was developed with the help of DS Game Maker and uses the PAlib library.
Sprite Combat is a Rock-Paper-Scissors like game where the you choose an option between a Sword, Energy Ball and Shield.
And then the CPU chooses an option for itself. And then a comparison is made between what overpowers what.
- Sword > Energy.
- Energy > Shield.
- Shield > Sword.
Where > represents overpowers.
Gain points if you beat the opponent, win when you gain 10 points.
Up/Down - Select character, Press arrow to changes
Stylus - Move (main menu)
Start - Exit (help menu)
A - Select character
Tested on iPlayer (OS 1.2 firmware 1.0.6).
- Sound effects.
- Featuring a snick of the story mode.
- The ROM name is now without the version number (saving).
- Even better fading (now even the text and sprites fade in.
- "Press B to go back." added in many places to help users.
- Refined the code a bit.
- Fixed some places where the text was placed irregularly.
- Added a Help doc.
- Added a nice Credits doc.
- Fixed bug where the scores don't reset to 0.
- Records that keep track of your no. of wins and losses.
- SAVING! Yes, there is saving now.
- Minor Bug fixes to the text.
- Score required to win reduced from 20 to 10.
- New Game Icon.
- Removed the white background on request.
- Changed the font for better readability.
- "Opponent's Score:" - "Opponent:" and "Your Score" - "You:".
- Added Fading in combat mode.
- Refined Fading to give better effects.
- Somewhat better animations.
- Initial Release.
All character sprites have been taken from www.spriters-resource.com. All other sprites are a property of WinterAce.
Game made with DS GAME MAKER with PAlib library.