Space Impakto DS
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Space Impakto DS|
Bullet-hell SHMUP (Space Shooter/Shoot 'Em Up) with a devilish difficulty as the game progresses and 3D backgrounds.
It was ranked 1st in the GBAtemp Homebrew Bounty 2011 DS Category.
- 2d gameplay
- 3d background
- Optimized texture use via texture packing
- Oldskool 8-bit/4bit sprites
- Newskool bullet hell gameplay
- Source included( use and abuse license but give credit where it is due ;*) )
- Replay system
- Button config
- Varied and animated Bosses
- Proceduraly generated backgrounds
- Proceduraly generated 3d models
- 3 types of ships
- 2 Game Modes (Normal and Boss Rush)
Shoot everything that moves. Try to destroy the boss as much as possible. There is a boss timer that will auto destroy the boss but you won't get a score bonus this way.
There is always a safe area no matter how crazy the patterns are.
Replay is only available after 1 game( doesn't matter if you loose or not) or... Replay is also available when there is a saved replay on the flashcart.
Replay is not available when you return to the main menu when the game is paused.
Score should be a little higher with autobomb set to OFF. If all else fails, don't move!
D-pad - move the ship
A - shoot
B - mark/unmark enemies
Y - enable/disable background
Start - pause
Select - start new game
Select+Start - turn off console
Tested on: Firmware R4i SDHC FlashCard 2.7c
- EZ-Flash Vi with Firmware 1.01
v 2.0.0 FINAL 09/21/11
- Migrated code to latest DKP toolchain
- CPU controlled demo(wait 20 seconds in the main menu to activate)
- AutoBombs "pick your poison" version.
- When you use autobomb, you won't have bomb powerups at the end of the stage.
- AutoBomb State is saved for future gameplay.
- Saves are now incompatible with older versions.
- Player name is saved for future gameplay as Cyan suggested.
- Button Configuration is saved future gameplay.
- Loop and Stage is displayed on the lower right corner.
- Cheat c0d3z!!! Score is limited to 50k. Ask Wasim how.
- Score bonus system changed
- Demo and Replay games skip the intermission as suggested.
- Included some bragging rights in the splash screen for kicks.
- Bug Fixes
Programming: Richard Eric M. Lope BSN RN (Relminator)
Design: Anya Therese B. Lope
- The whole GBAtemp community