Space Impakto DS
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Space Impakto DS|
Space Impakto DS is a Bullet-Hell SHMUP (Space Shooter/Shoot'Em Up) with a devilish difficulty as the game progresses and 3D backgrounds.
It was ranked 1st in the GBAtemp Homebrew Bounty 2011 DS Category.
- 2D gameplay.
- 3D background.
- Optimized texture use via texture packing.
- Oldskool 8-bit/4bit sprites.
- Newskool bullet hell gameplay.
- Source included (use and abuse license but give credit where it is due).
- Replay system.
- Button config.
- Varied and animated Bosses.
- Proceduraly generated backgrounds.
- Proceduraly generated 3d models.
- 3 types of ships.
- 2 Game Modes (Normal and Boss Rush).
Shoot everything that moves. Try to destroy the boss as much as possible. There is a boss timer that will auto destroy the boss but you won't get a score bonus this way.
There is always a safe area no matter how crazy the patterns are.
- Only available after 1 game( doesn't matter if you loose or not) or...
- Also available when there is a saved replay on the flashcart.
- Not available when you return to the main menu when the game is paused.
Score should be a little higher with autobomb set to off. If all else fails, don't move!
D-Pad - Move ship
A - Shoot
B - Mark/unmark enemies
Y - Enable/disable background
Start - Pause
Select - Start new game
Select+Start - Turn off console
R4i SDHC (firmware 2.7c)
EZ-Flash Vi (firmware 1.01)
v2.0.0 FINAL 09/21/11
- Migrated code to latest DKP toolchain.
- CPU controlled demo (wait 20 seconds in the main menu to activate).
- AutoBombs "pick your poison" version.
- When you use autobomb, you won't have bomb powerups at the end of the stage.
- AutoBomb State is saved for future gameplay.
- Saves are now incompatible with older versions.
- Player name is saved for future gameplay as Cyan suggested.
- Button Configuration is saved future gameplay.
- Loop and Stage is displayed on the lower right corner.
- Cheat c0d3z!!! Score is limited to 50k. Ask Wasim how.
- Score bonus system changed.
- Demo and Replay games skip the intermission as suggested.
- Included some bragging rights in the splash screen for kicks.
- Bug Fixes.
Programming: Richard Eric M. Lope BSN RN (Relminator).
Design: Anya Therese B. Lope, Relminator.
Art: Adigun A. Polack, Relminator.