SoundCells is an experimental synth, aimed to be a real DS instrument.
SoundCells was designed to be played with the user holding the DS with its screen facing outwards.
- Note Layout - The normal mode offers two octaves-full of natural notes.
- Tone - There are only a limited number of tones, and they eventually loop.
- Recording - Only allow one live note at a time with 3 recordable tracks. Record an accompaniment, and then jam along.
- Technique - One technique is to slide the point of contact up and down between octaves to obtain a kind of mandolin sound. It is also particularly good for trills.
There are also 2 additional play modes:
- Bagpipe mode - Start a drone sound like you'd get on a bagpipe.
- Double-your-octaves mode - Subdivide each octave row into two more octaves.
Stylus or Guitar pick - Play
R+Note - Access Sharps
Up/Down - Change tone
L - Activate Bagpipe mode
Select - Activate Double-your-octaves mode
Y - Record tracks (as ABX)
A/B/X - Play recorded track
Note: It is possible to play back several recorded tracks at once by holding several track buttons down. But you can only record to one track at a time.
- HyperHacker for his clear post explaining how to use sound generators.
- The DSDev folks for the libraries.
- Author's website - http://patryk.ndshb.com