From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Seno DS is a music live sequencer. It uses WAV samples or sounds recorded via the DS microphone.
- 8 Tracks , 8 Clips per track, 16 Slots (Pattern)
- Track audio from WAVE samples or Microphone
- Track settings: Sample, Polyphone/Monophone/Trigger mode, ADSR envelope, LFO
- Transpose +/- 36 semitones (3 Octaves)
- max. 16 Voices
- Clip records 12 notes per step with velocity
- Choose different musical scales i.e Seno scale (A3-E5 Major),
Ionic (C4), Chromatic (C4), Major pentatonic (C4), Minor pentatonic (C4), Arabic (C4)
- Clip settings: lenght 1-16 steps, speed
- KAOS pads
- Live recording and arranging via Stylus
- BPM 40-240 and Swing
- Mixer with Distortion
- Loads WAVE files
- Loading/Saving of snapshots
- "Memory saving" sample managment
- Download and extract file
- Copy it .NDS file to the memory card
If you can't load Seno DS on your card try loaders like dsorganise or moonshell or the homebrewmenu loader from devkitpro.
Use any mono wav sample. Put the sounds in a directory "seno1","seno2","seno3","seno4". These directories could be in a folder "nds" or on the root of your sd-card.
It must not exceed 128 samples for each slot.
Left/Right - switches the screens
A - "OK" used in Dialogs
B - "CANCEL"
X/START - start/stop of the sequencer
Y - enable/disable visual effects
Up/down - transpose the track
Left/Right - browse thru sub-pages, left/right in dialogs
Tested on: Flashcard R4 SDHC with firmware 1.31
- Flashcard TTDS with unofficial firmware 1.17a12
Version 0.9.1 11/01/10
- Works now with more homebrew cards
- Title screen fixed
- Gate/legato screen fixed
Version 0.9.0 (24/12/09)
- First release
- Saves a Snapshot of your work to a file "snap.sen" on your card
Isabella (nitroFs embedded filesystem for the DS)
Sandro for his comments on scales
Cavia the creators of the Korg DS-10
Toshio Iwai (Electroplankton / Yamaha Tenori-On)
Headspin NDS Keyboard Examples http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com and Nintendo for the DS/DSi
Nintendo, DS, NDS, DSi trademarks are property of Nintendo corporation.
Tester: Alex, mentaldominance.com/dkiefer, fanta/hotelsinus.com