Runaway Car PSP
Runaway Car is a 3D car racer developed by 10$man and frankdrey in LUADev.
This is an entry from the Neo Retro Coding Compo 2012 (Games).
- Cool 3D Graphics.
- 3 Cars to unlock.
- 3 Objects to Avoid.
- 7 Different Speeds to race through! Can you make it to the 7th level?
- A great song custom made by Scott Pereksta.
- Real Saving and Loading using the PSP's Save and Load feature.
- Check your highscore, accumlated points and cars you've unlocked without loading the game.
In this 3D game, you will take on the role of a car thief and race down a infinite street well evading trash cans, dumpsters and road blocks.
But that's not it! It gets faster every time your score reaches the next 1000, up until 7000! How long can you survive?
However the game does not stop there. When you're on the road, you can pick up some coins as you go. Then, when you have enough coins, you can go to the car garage and steal a cooler car!
Things to avoid
- Any object coming down the street.
- Any object, except for the golden coins.
- Collect golden coins for points.
- Don't ride up onto the sidewalk too much.
- Ride on sidewalk will take away a very small amount of damage. But in a near death situation, that little bit could be the difference between life and crash.
- If you hit the building (you'll hear a screech) then you will steadily have health deduced.
Cross - Select
Circle - Back
D-Pad Left/Right - Control the selection
D-Pad Left/Right - Move your car
Start - Pause menu
PSP Homebrew - Runaway Car - Gameplay (Rahul George)
- Cleaned code (10$man).
- Trying out outlines on obstacles (10$man).
- Cleaned up and organized code (frankdrey).
- New coin ding sound (frankdrey).
- First official release (frankdrey, 10$man).
Code - 10$man, frank.
3D Models - frank, 10$man.
Music - Scott Pereksta.
Sound effects - (Crashes), (Coin ding) frank, (Building scratch) Public Domain.
- Google Code - https://code.google.com/archive/p/runawaycar-psp
- NeoFlash - https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=7469.0