From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Rubik's Cube is a remake of the 3D puzzle toy Rubik's cube for the NDS.
- Extensive touchscreen support.
- Nice graphics.
- Cube scrambling.
- Sequence storage for up to 18 turns, then access them quickly and easily with A/B/X/Y.
- All six sides of the cube are also displayed on the top screen.
How to play:
On the Rubik's Cube, each of the six faces was covered by nine stickers, each of one of six solid colours: white, red, blue, orange, green, and yellow.
The goal is to by rotating the faces, get back to the original solved pattern with each side being a single color.
- Resume - Return to gameplay.
- Mix cube - Scramble the cube.
- Quit - Return to the main menu.
- Backlight - Turn the backlight off and on.
- Reset cube - Set the cube to its solved state.
- Save new sequence - Store a sequence of turns to the A/B/X/Y buttons.
Can be controlled by stylus.
Start - Access options menu
A/B - Select menu options, Execute stored sequence
X/Y - Execute stored sequence
L/R - Rotate cube
D-Pad - Move menu cursor, Rotate cube
- Added timer.
- Switched X/Xi rotation functions for up/down buttons.
- Fixed bug that results in impossible cubes after mixing.
- Initially released in the forums at palib.info on December 21, 2007.
Programmed & Graphics by Morgan Robertson.
Special Thanks to:
- Mollusk and everyone at PAlib for writing a great library and other resources.
- Everyone who offered help and support in the PAlib forums.
- Everyone at devkitPro.
- Stephen Berg and John Menietti for their inspiration.
- Erno Rubik for inventing the Rubik's Cube.